On February 1, 2013, Neil Milam proposed to Heidi Grove at Seasons 52 restaurant in Plano, Texas.
Friends and family were gathered in a private room secretly watching the proposal on a live video feed. After Heidi accepted Neil's proposal, she was surprised with an engagement party.# vimeo.com/80097464 Uploaded 135 Plays 0 Likes 0 Comments
5 days before he proposed, Will contacted us. His request was simple: Make me the coolest wedding proposal film you can think of!! This Friday I am asking the girl of my dreams to marry me. I’ve been planning this day for months. I don’t want to forget this moment!
Our interest was peaked, this looked like a really cool story to tell. However, what sealed the deal was when Will sent us over the timeline of the day. Upon opening the timeline we saw “Wills EPIC scavenger hunt” plastered across the top. From that moment on we knew this was going to be an adventure we couldn't risk not capturing!
Will and Emily’s relationship is built on adventure. They both would rather plan something amazing for each other than go to the store and buy each other gifts. This personality trait is what inspired Will to create a proposal wrapped up in an Epic scavenger hunt.
The premise was simple. Emily would arrive at Wills house thinking they were going on a simple date. She would watch a film made by Will telling her they arn’t going on a date but instead she is going on a scavenger hunt. For the next 7 hours Emily would trek across the city collecting clues to eventually end up on a gorgeous mountain top where Will would be waiting for her.
When we talked to Will, we quickly realized that this day and his relationship with Emily was made possible from the help of so many other people. We really wanted to bring this out in the film. That is why we asked Emily’s best friend to film parts of the day with her iPhone. Sure this was unconventional and risky but it provided us with some amazing authentic footage of Emily hanging out with her best friends. We also made sure to focus on Will’s friends who devoted their whole day and past weeks to helping him prepare for this whole event!
One final emotion we really wanted to capture was anticipation. We did this by interviewing Will and asking him what he was feeling. It was awesome hearing his heart and we feel this really let the audience connect with the story and root for him. Another thing we did was mic Will up about an hour before Emily came walking up the mountain. By doing this we got amazing sounds bites of Will being nervous and excited. This helped the audience feel like they were right there with him!
Will and Emily’s story was a blast to tell! I hope you enjoy watching it as much as we enjoyed making it!# vimeo.com/65942876 Uploaded 17.4K Plays 38 Likes 7 Comments
4/11/14 -- Our wedding video is live. We edited it ourselves :) -- vimeo.com/90706721
My surprise proposal to Jessica on 6/28/13. HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me pull this off with only a week or so of planning, whether it was by sending me videos with super short notice or showing up to help surprise her. Thanks to my family and her family for all their help with logistics to make this happen. Thanks to Zach Gray and Jonathan Helton for filming the proposal! Can't believe I get to spend a lifetime with this woman!!!!!
The Defining Distance - The Echelon Effect
Sinking Friendships - Jonsi
Million Miles - Josh Garrels
Nightwish - Tristania
Orange Sky - Alexi Murdoch
Hung the Moon - Drew Holcomb and The Neighbors
// List of people from proposal video
1. Jacob Helton - my brother
2. Brittany Kahlstorf - Jessica's maid of honor
3. Hannah Rector - Jessica's close friend from college
4. Shannon and Hunter Acosta - Jessica's close friends from college
5. Chris Vorm - my close friend growing up
6. Rachel and Darren Phillips - Jessica's former youth group leaders
7. Jonathan Helton - my brother
8. Ms. Malone - Jessica's 8th grade teacher
9. Shauna Niequist - Author of one of Jessica's favorite books - "Cold Tangerines"
10. Sheri Funk - Jessica's close friend from The World Race
11. Whitney Ndoigo - my friend from college and avid fan of love stories
12. Dr. Overstreet - Jessica's college professor
13. Jeff Helton - my dad
14. Shawn LaBelle - my family friends that Jess knows well
15. Joe Katina - my family friends that Jess knows well
16. David and Leslie Hudson - my close friends / owners of the land my real estate sits on
17. Lora Helton - my mom
18. Jeff Helton - my dad
19. Lori Katina - my family friends that Jess knows well
20. Griffin Trent - my close friend growing up
21. Matt Miller - my close friend from Belmont
22. Landon Graham - my close friend growing up
23. Jason and Victoria Evigan - Couple in a masterpiece wedding film called "Dead Hearts" by Lightfield Lewis that Jess and I have watched together countless times
24. Pam and Glenn Dotts - Jessica's parents
25. Kimberly and Nicole Muldowney - mutual friends of ours
26. Vizzini - an inconceivable character from The Princess Bride
27. Hank Curtis - my friend and co-worker at BIB (right.)
28. Becca Stoll - Jessica's close friend growing up
29. Laura Pennington - Jessica's close friend growing up
30. Summer and Karen LaBelle - my family friends that Jess knows well
31. Asa and Noah LaBelle - my family friends that Jess knows well
32. Wesley - epic lead role from The Princess Bride
33. Spencer Martin - my close friend growing up
34. Jason and Lindsay Swain - my mentors growing up that Jessica hasn't met yet (check out her confusion haha)
35. Ray Helton - my grandpa
36. Wesley - epic lead role from The Princess Bride
37. Sarah Helton - my deceitful sister (just kidding - she's an angel)
38. Clark and Caroline Brewer - Jess really admires their artistic work and traveling lifestyles
39. Josh Helton - the luckiest one on here
40. Drew and Ellie Holcomb - from her favorite musical group "Drew Holcomb and The Neighbors"
Check out my wedding film work at PaperCabinFilms.com# vimeo.com/69845456 Uploaded 12K Plays 47 Likes 5 Comments
PLEASE VOTE FOR US IN THE ULTIMATE PROPOSAL CONTEST!
JUST CLICK THE LINK THEN "VOTE" - NO NEED TO REGISTER JUST LOG IN TO FACEBOOK!
My girlfriend (now fiancée!) and I are both professional actors and met at a film audition, so I set up a fake audition for a surprise proposal! When she showed up for her appointment, she was in for a BIG shock!
Lucky me, she accepted the role :)
This upload fixes the video issues from the last upload!
Starring: Nick LaMedica and Lilly Wilton
Cinematography & Editing: Chas Bruns
With Help From
Michael - Playing the Director/Himself
Jo - Playing the Casting Director "Jaime"
Morgan - Playing herself!
Keely & Alyssa for getting her there!
Special Thanks to Shetler Studios for the beautiful space!Uploaded 1,055 Plays 8 Likes 0 Comments
I surprised Cam by driving down to California to propose in the woods near folsom lake, May 1st 2012. She said yes!!! We will be getting married August 16th 2012 in Sacramento California.# vimeo.com/41618760 Uploaded 1,110 Plays 1 Like 1 Comment