A short tutorial on how to subscribe to Forum topics on the Children's Book Hub so as to be notified of any new postings or comments, with special thanks to Beth Stilborn.
An overview of how children's books have evolved, from fables to YA Fiction, and everything in between, as well as who the key movers and shakers have been, and how the market has changed in recent years.
A comprehensive look at the ins and outs, pros and cons of self-publishing for children's book authors, including:
- Understanding the difference between "vanity" or "subsidy" presses and "independent" or "traditional" self-publishing
- How to compare or choose between self-publishing companies
- The fine print to pay attention to in self-publishing agreements, contracts and packages
- Cost analyses of commercial publishing versus self-publishing
- Options and details worth considering when self-publishing
- Understanding electronic publishing and print-on-demand (POD)
- The major players in self- and electronic publishing
- E-books versus Apps
- Finding and working with illustrators
- Marketing must-do's
- Understanding returns
- Quality control/assessment for self-publishers
- Is self-publishing right for you?
- Self-publishing resources
- Answers to frequently asked questions about self-publishing
Step-by-step guide to writing a picture book query letter, including:
- First paragraph - "The Hook"
- Second paragraph - "The Mini-Synopsis"
- 3rd Paragraph - "Bio and Market Info"
- The Conclusion
- Query Do's and Don'ts
- Resources and further information