It's the April Community of Communities webinar with Rachel Smolinski.
Rachel Smolinski, the executive director of Harbor Area Regional Board of Resources, Inc.(HARBOR Inc.). HARBOR, Inc. is a 501 (c)(3) that brings together representatives from a broad range of interests and serves property owners and residents of the greater Harbor Springs, Michigan area.
During the webinar, Smolinski shared:
• A brief overview of HARBOR, Inc.: its history, purpose, and accomplishments
• Previous broadband planning efforts and challenges
• Their experience in working with Connect MI and the Connected Community Engagement Program
• Current HARBOR, Inc. projects
• Next steps for how they plan to keep the community engaged and moving forward with plan implementation
As students headed back-to-school in August, they entered classrooms that are more connected than ever. We’re working with partners across the nation on efforts and initiatives to connect more classrooms and bring better technology to students and educators. View our September 26th webinar to learn more about:
• E-rate: The Schools and Libraries Program of the Universal Service Fund, commonly known as E-rate, was established in 1997 and is the federal government's largest education technology program. While new digital learning technologies are opening transformative new opportunities for students, teachers, and library patrons, the majority of schools and libraries simply do not have the bandwidth necessary to meet their current or future needs. Join Connected Nation’s Policy team in a discussion regarding the modernization of the E-rate program and how it could impact your community.
• Edified: Connected Nation’s newest initiative, Edified, builds partnerships with technology companies, education research organizations, broadband providers, and distinguished educators who desire to work collaboratively to promote technology solutions that have great potential to revolutionize learning and education outcomes.
Drive helps to connect new digital learners with volunteer trainers and resources that will help them achieve success on the Internet, on the job, and at home. Whether it's learning how to use a computer for the first time, a new job skill, how to use a new application, or gain a new life skill, Drive is available to all new learners. We provide a one-stop connection to engaging curriculum offered by renowned training organizations from across the World Wide Web.