Public Art Fund, in collaboration with the City of New York, presented The New York City Waterfalls, a major work of public art by internationally acclaimed artist Olafur Eliasson (b.1967, Copenhagen, Denmark). The exhibition of four man-made waterfalls of monumental scale was on view June 26 – October 13, 2008 at four sites on the shores of the New York waterfront: one on the Brooklyn anchorage of the Brooklyn Bridge; one on the Brooklyn Piers, between Piers 4 and 5 near the Brooklyn Heights Promenade; one in Lower Manhattan at Pier 35, north of the Manhattan Bridge; and one on the north shore of Governors Island.
MegaFaces is a kinetic facade conceived by Asif Khan and engineered by iart. It can transform in three dimensions to recreate the faces of visitors to Khan's pavilion, a 2,000 m2 cube situated in the Olympic Park in Sochi during the 2014 Olympic Games. This video was taken during commissioning, shortly before the opening of the pavilion on 7 February 2014. Watch the video of the finished pavilion here: vimeo.com/99030884
Music: Arthur Carabott
Links: iart.ch, asif-khan.com
A documentary on Yarn bombing and the people who uses textile and crochet to bring color and surprise to the streets.
Thanks a lot to all the inverviewees, as to the people who walks the extra mile in order to make cities more human.
Special thanks to
- Teje la araña: Adriana, Álvaro, Lupe & Co (tejelaarana.com)
- Lucía Ruíz, from Yarn Bombing Coruña (facebook.com/YarnbombingCoruna)
- Alicia Roselló, from Duduá (duduadudua.blogspot.com.es)
- Aïda Gómez (aidagomez.info)
- Javier Abarca, from Urbanario (urbanario.es)
- Joanna Mann, from KnitDiss (knitdiss.wordpress.com)
- Am3ba (am3ba.tumblr.com)
- Juan Gutiérrez, from Spains Costume Museum (Museo del Traje de Madrid) (museodeltraje.mcu.es/)
- Natalia, from Tejiendo Malasaña (facebook.com/pages/Tejiendo-Malasaña/355861157851433)
- Aurora Gómez
- Marta Ors (blogs.km77.com/nimeva/)
- Isis Saz, Laura Bañuelos y Fernando Quesada.
Additional video: Álvaro León (people reacting in the streets and comunal action in Caracas) and La Pluma Eléctri*k (instalation in El Matadero—Spanish for Slaughterhouse—).
In the video you can also see images by: Teje la Araña, Am3ba, Aïda Gómez, Yarn
Bombing Coruña, Urban Knitting Bilbao, Joanna Mann, Duduá, Urban Knitting Zaragoza, Urban Knitting Valencia, SPIDERTAG / Street Art Superhero, Magda Sayeg,The Commons (Flickr), Aitor Uranga, Suki Suk, Turkinator, Iago González, Piero Piga, Eileen Terwilliger, y Jeff Shaumeyer.