This is the third lecture in the series of Providence Classical Christian Academy's new parent classes. Shane Rosenthal, producer for the radio program White Horse Inn and Providence board member discusses:
This is the 4th session in the series of Providence Classical Christian Academy's new parent classes. This session is an overview of our 7th-12th grades philosophy and a sample humanities class discussion of Athanasius' On the Incarnation. It is presented by Brandon Booth, Dean of Providence's Upper School.
This lecture is the first in a series of new parent classes at Providence Classical Christian Academy in Saint Louis, MO.
Shane Rosenthal, producer for the White Horse Inn radio program and a Providence board member, introduces Classical Christian Education. He discusses:
• The HIstory of American Progressive Education,
• Relevant passages from John Dewey's writings,
• What Classical education is, and why it is better than public or even private Christian education,
• Dorothy Sayers essay, The Lost Tools of Learning,
• and why we study dead languages such as biblical Greek and Latin.