director: Grzegorz Jonkajtys
producers: Grzegorz Jonkajtys, Marcin Kobylecki
Co- producers: Piotr Sikora, Jaroslaw Sawko (Platige Image)
An unknown virus has destroyed almost the entire human population. Oblivious to the true nature of the disease, the only remaining survivors escape to the sea. In great ships, they set off in search of uninhabited land. So begins the exodus, led by one man ...
- Cannes Film Festival - Official Selection (2007)
- SIGGRAPH 2007 - Best of Show
- Prix Ars Electronica - Award of Distinction (2007, Austria)
- Cracow Film Festival - The Silver Hobby-Horse, Best Animated Film
- Australian Effects and Animation Festival (2007, Australia): Winner - Short Film
- Animanima International Film Festival (2007, Serbia): Award for the Best Directing
- Budapest Short Film Festival (2007, Hungary): Best Animation
- Tokyo International Anime Fair (2008, Japan): Notable Entry Prize
- View Conference (2007, Italy): Best 3D Short
- Tehran International Shortfilm Festival (2007, Iran): Best Experimental Award
- Kyiv International Film Festival Molodist (2007, Ukraine): Best Short Film
To put the RED SCARLET camera through its paces, we wanted to use it in a real-world setting instead of shooting charts in a studio — but we also didn’t have the time or budget to put together a “real” short. What we ended up with is something more than a series of test shots, but something less than a proper short. This was a no-budget, quick production on which everyone donated their time. Let me know what you think!