The Tremendousness Collective, a visual storytelling firm based in St. Louis, Missouri, designed this explanatory video to help people understand the cold, hard facts about what the over-consumption of added sugars does to our health.
Did you know that The American Heart Association's daily recommended sugar allowance is 36 grams for men, 20 grams for women, and 12 grams for kids?
Did you know that our daily intake averages 95 grams?
We have a serious problem.
There are about 600,000 different packaged food items in grocery stores today — and 80% of them contain added sugars.
But our goal was to make a short film that didn't just trot out the sugar quantities in our food; we wanted to tell this story on a more personal level so people can see themselves — and their friends and families — in it.
We're especially grateful for advice and information from Gary Taubes. His expertise helped guide us in making a movie we hope will become a conversation starter for people everywhere.
· The Sugary Truth (Tremendousness with Gary Taubes)
· Working Out Loud (Salesforce)
· Is Mathematics Discovered or Invented? (Ted-Ed)
· The News About Newspapers (Mississippi Press Association)
· How Student Data Flows (Data Quality Campaign)
· Enterprise Mobility 101 (Asynchrony)
· The Mobile Application Reputation Service (Veracode)
· Know Your Customer (Nuestar)
· New You or Old You (YOO Fitness)
· Hiding in Plain Sight (TED-Ed with Dr. Robert Lustig)
· Neighbors to the Rescue (Austin HSEM)
· The 12 Days of Keefmas (our 2013 holiday promotion)
· Marriott Rewards (Marriott)
Research shows that an “attitude of gratitude” can measurably improve your overall well-being. Finding little ways to express your appreciation and be more thankful can... well, watch the video to find out, then visit tremendo.us/gratitude for more!
Produced by Tremendousness | We make complex things understandable and engaging.