THE PROJECT REVITALIZATION AND MODERNIZATION OF DISTRICT HEATING SYSTEM IN PANCEVO
Energy For Life - English version
EAR - PANCEVO - GREJANJE
Written and directed by: Nevena Simendic
Dubbing editor/post production: Laslo Domokos
Camera Operators: Sead Bogucanin
Camera Assistants: Nikola Stoilkovic
Voice: Ivan Tomic
Producted by: TV Pancevo, may 2009
The Ford Model T (colloquially known as the Tin Lizzie, Flivver, T‑Model Ford, or T) is an automobile that was produced by Henry Ford's Ford Motor Company from 1908 through 1927. The Model T set 1908 as the historic year that the automobile came into popular usage. It is generally regarded as the first affordable automobile, the car that "put America on wheels"; some of this was because of Ford's innovations, including assembly line production instead of individual hand crafting, as well as the concept of paying the workers a wage proportionate to the cost of the car, so they would provide a ready made market. The first production Model T was built on September 27, 1908, at the Piquette Plant in Detroit, Michigan. The Model T was the first automobile mass produced on assembly lines with completely interchangeable parts, marketed to the middle class.
There were several cars produced or prototyped by Henry Ford from the founding of the company in 1903 until the Model T came along. Although he started with the Model A, there were not 19 production models (A through T); some were only prototypes. The production model immediately before the Model T was the Model S, an upgraded version of the company's largest success to that point, the Model N. The follow-up was the Ford Model A and not the Model U. Company publicity said this was because the new car was such a departure from the old that Henry wanted to start all over again with the letter A. As it happens, the first Plymouth car (1928), built by competitor Chrysler Corporation, was named the Model U.
The Ford Model T was named the world's most influential car of the twentieth century in an international poll. Henry Ford said of the vehicle:
"I will build a car for the great multitude. It will be large enough for the family, but small enough for the individual to run and care for. It will be constructed of the best materials, by the best men to be hired, after the simplest designs that modern engineering can devise. But it will be so low in price that no man making a good salary will be unable to own one—and enjoy with his family the blessing of hours of pleasure in God's great open spaces."
The founders of the most recent within the range of technical museums in Serbia are the Assembly of the City of Belgrade and Bratislav Petković, a collector and the owner of a collection of historically important automobiles and archive materials about the development of the domestic car industry. The Museum is accommodated in a building, which has been given a landmark status under the name "Modern Garage". It was constructed in 1929, as the first public garage (Central Garage) in the City center, according to the designs of the Russian architect Valeriy Stashevsky.
The Museum accommodates a part of the collection (40 automobiles) of over 70, which make up the collection. The collection includes old-timers and rare automobiles, which are particularly important for studying of the development and technical progress of car industry with us and in the world. The oldest automobile is Marot-Gardon, France, dated 1897, a three-wheel vehicle, with a wooden body (ash), a two-seater. The collection also includes the French automobile Charrron dated 1908, with wooden wheel spokes and a luxurious wooden body type Landolet, which used to be handmade against orders; then Ford model T, dated 1925, the first automobile manufactured in a large series, on the assembly line.
The collection also includes the automobiles from the fifties, sixties, and seventies of the 20th century, such as: Mercedes 300 C - convertible D, known as Adenauer, from 1956, one of only 51 cars that were manufactured; Jaguar MK2, from 1963, the first luxurious sports car, which could develop a speed of over 200 km/h; Cadillac de ville convertible, from 1957, with eight-cylinder engine and automatic transmission, which was an extravagant automobile in its time, with automatic roof lifting and window opening and with electric seat adjustment. The collection includes both original and restored automobiles prominent among them being: Ford from 1902, Lancia Lamda from 1925, Citroën B10 dated 1926, Buick 28-58 Opera coupe from 1928, Škoda R6 dated 1929, Aero 10 from 1929, Alvis from 1930, BMW 327/328 dated 1938, Rover 14...
The Museum holds the ancillary equipment: wheels, horns, lanterns, radio sets, tools, driver’s licenses, posters, commercial adverts, registration plates, the first traffic regulations and legislation. The Museum also keeps a collection of photos, documentations of old tools and equipment, as well as a collection of books and a video library with several thousand titles.