Maintenance systems, such as Maximo, don’t typically do capacity planning, but Primavera does capacity planning - with data from Maximo.
Typically this means preparing, manipulating and loading spreadsheets into P6 - this is slow, inaccurate and costly in terms of planners’ time, so the minimum amount of data is used. Management reports can also contain inaccurate information that is not up to date - planners therefore can’t always rely on them or get the best out of them. This is where the Legare Maximo integration tool can add significant value to this process.
Legare and Maintenance:
• It automates the loading of data from maintenance systems into P6 – no need to create spreadsheets
• This is usually in Oracle or MS SQL files, but can be Excel
• Transcribes and translates data in one step
• You don’t have to spend weeks loading data from Maximo to P6 – i.e. no preparation and no clean up
• Maximo remains the master system and P6 does scheduling
• You can increase the frequency of data transfer and the availability of data i.e. additional fields
• Management reports now contain accurate data that is much more up to date!