The Foodthief is a shortfim project that is currently under development by Mindbender Animation Studio. We made it a goal for ourselves to create a more flexible 3D rigg than anything we had done before. The solution became a rig with sliding body parts that could be turned on or of between the different poses. The rig was created with the help of the brilliant minds at Kippcase rigging studio.
The Food Thief is a 1,5 minute short-film by Mindbender Animation Studio that is currently in production.
The film will be released on the internet and a release-date for the full film has not yet been announced.
My current Demo Reel highlighting my work as a rigger and 3D Character Artist.
1. Facial rigging done while working as an CharTD apprentice at Walt Disney Animation Studios. Focus was put on hitting appealing shapes true to the provided character sheet. Animation done by Brenden Gotlieb.
2. Character Sculpt and painting done in zBrush. WIP progress translating original sculpt into a fully rigged/animated character.
3. Project done as an Intern at Walt Disney Animation. Responsible for modeling, rigging, and simulation of main "teabag" character - as well as the animation for all the provided shots.
4. Model based off of concept by Jake Parker. Rigging project focused on simple intuitive controls that provided a lot of the "mechanics" for free. Including automated piston movement and cloth simulated hoses.
5. zBrush Character sculpt based off design by Brittany Myers.
6. 2D Work done using graphite and charcoal.