Role: Art Direction, Design, Animation, Compositing
Date: February 2010
Format: Short Film 1024*576 Widescreen Pal
Sound: ECHOLAB Gavin Little
Nokta . (Dot .) is an abstract short film project which is an improvisation of organic pieces and themes like power, control and luck. Using low-budget equipment and with the combination of actual camera shooting, 2d and 3d animation techniques, the film alters the reality and physics of the real world with the help of the liquid and dynamic simulations’ impact.
Even though the film is not produced according to the base of Amos Funkenstein’s text on harmony, but the text is a convenient statement for the stylistic and representational behaviour of the film.
'I see some correspondence between the foundation of universal harmony on elliptical orbit and the predilection for the elliptic forms in Baroque architecture. In both cases harmony is still defined as unity within multiplicity, but it ceased to be static, namely, harmony expressed in one ideal geometrical form, and became so to speak dynamic. What was previously regarded as the deviation from the ideal form, was comprehended for the first time as an integral part of the form, or form of forms, which are capable of endless transitions one into another. ' [Amos Funkenstein, The Dialectical Preparation of Scientific Revolutions. On the Role of Hypothetical Reasoning in the Emergence of Copernican Astronomy and Galilean Mechanics.]
Music title: MARIO BASANOV & VIDIS feat JAZZU - I'll be gone
Director: Rimantas Lukavicius
VFX / Design company: KORB
Producers: Martynas Mickenas, Arunas Matacius
Production Company: RGB
Inspired by SOBIESKI
Year of completion: 2008
When a man is witness to a murder and takes pictures of the killer, he has to run for his life. During the chase he is able to turn the tables and the prey becomes the hunter. All resulting in an unfortunate ending.
The film is designed and animated by:
Kevin Megens, Floris Vos, Arno de Grijs, André Bergs
Music and sound design by Alex Debicki.
Script by Jan Eduards.
Produced by il Luster Productions.
Honors and Awards:
- Nomination for Cartoon Dór 2011
- 2010 Short Short Story Festival Awards Mind's Eye Award
- Jose Abel Prize at CINANIMA 2010
- Nominated VIMEO Award 2010
- Nominated for Golden Méliès award at Riga
- International Fantastic Film Festival 2010
- Silver Méliès award at Imagine film festival Amsterdam 2010.
- First prize in the category 'professionals' at Zwolle Animation Festival 2010
- Playgrounds Awards 2009: Best local: Pivot
- Nominated for the ‘Golden Kalf’ for the Best Shortfilm of 2009! Dutch Film Festival
- Competing for the ‘Golden Kalf’ for the Best Shortfilm of 2009! Dutch Film Festival