"Backcountry skating" is the practice of hunting for wild ice, whether on on a river, lake, glacial lagoon, or inside an ice cave. Filmed in southcentral and southeast Alaska over the course of two winters, "Wild Ice" features nordic bladers, hockey players, figure skaters, and a few adventurous puppies. Shot locations include Kenai Lake, the Portage Lagoons, Turnagain Arm, Wasilla Lake, Sheridan Glacier, Byron Glacier, and Portage Glacier.
"Wild Ice" has been featured by the Washington Post, Anchorage Daily News and more.
Documentary portraying the British philosopher's essay on the neglecting of beauty by contemporary arts and life, as well as the urge to restore it according to its essence.
Documentário conduzido pelo filósofo britânico Sir Roger Scruton, como ensaio acerca do abandono da beleza nas artes e na vida contemporâneas, e bem assim da imprescindibilidade de resgatá-la em sua essência.
*Legendas opcionais em língua portuguesa podem ser ativadas no canto inferior direito do vídeo (botão "Choose Captions").
I slept in a tent for 2 months and drove almost 10,000 miles to capture this video of Colorado, USA.
*** Any national/state parks or restricted areas in this video were filmed from outside the boundaries, flying in public airspace. As of the time of filming, this means no park rules were broken making this video (NPS has confirmed). ***
Some places you might see in the video:
- Tenmile Creek (Frisco, CO)
- Bangs Canyon (Grand Junction, CO)
- American Basin
- Million Dollar Highway
- Blue Lakes Trail (Ridgway, CO)
- North Clear Creek Falls (Creede, CO)
- Bear Creek Falls (Ouray, CO)
- Officers Gulch (Frisco, CO)
- Crystal Mill (Marble, CO)
- Escalante Canyon (Delta, CO)
- Town of Silverton, CO
- Devil's Head Fire Lookout (Sedalia, CO)
- Island Lake Hike (Silverton, CO)
- Royal Gorge Bridge (Canon City, CO)
- Town of Ouray, CO
- Ice Lakes Trail (Silverton, CO)
- Bear Creek Falls (Telluride, CO)
- Rattlesnake Canyon Arches (Grand Junction, CO)
- Bridal Veil Falls (Telluride, CO)
- Rifle Falls (Rifle, CO)
- Booth Falls Trail (Vail, CO)
- Hanging Lake (Glenwood Springs, CO)
- Maroon Bells (Aspen, CO)
- Dallas Divide (Ridgway, CO)
- Colorado National Monument (Grand Junction, CO)
- Via Ferrata (Telluride, CO)
- Roxborough State Park (Littleton, CO)
- Mount Elbert
- Handies Peak
- Grays Peak
- Eldorado Canyon State Park
- Mount Lincoln