Quick test setup for a small-scale sim with bubbles. Still some issues with particles leading at the beginning of the sim. Loving the power of Houdini's VDB toolset! Bubbles are converted to a separate SDF, then unioned/subtracted from the fluid SDF before conversion to poly soup.
Note the Compression and Render Artifcats, This is some Houdini Pyro RnD I was messing with last Sunday and rendered a few angles on my home machine while I was at work. I also did a render in Mantra but these in VRay came out better, exported to Vray via VDB, Originally cached to BgeoSC (Blosc). Lit with a single HDRi. Pyro is awesome, pretty easy to learn the basics. The Main thing I did was trying to get constantly evolving turbulence to get the Pyroclastic Flow detail. Yeah it does go a bit fuzzy here and there, probs due to render artifacts aswell. Density Sourced from Points on animated expanding mesh. No additional Microsolvers... Yet ! Sim TIme for highres about 4 hours, no Auto Resize as it messes the velocity advection up, Cache size about 300GBs, Render time for 3 Angles, 32 Hours-ish. Enjoyed the RnD, Houdini is cool, but Back to Fume 4 for me! Comp Wise some CC and Camera Shake cos it looks cooler than static RnD !