SHOW ME THE MEANING OF BEING LONELY
A glamanimated space opera.
The flamboyant KINGSHIP strikes again, with a fully animated video this time, directed by Steven Mertens.
In this exploration of lonely interstellar spaces, Tristan Crusade (Chris Hall) delivers a jacked up re-imagining of the Backstreet Boys 1999 classic hit. As his co-pilot, Memo Rex (Paul Leschen) accompanies our hero through danger with his epic melodies.
Mixed/engineered by Paul Hager (Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry, Van Halen) and brother Josh Hager (DEVO), mastered by Howie Weinberg.
Special thanks to The Warrior (Mike Maenza) on drums, Druce Mortal (Drew Mortali) on bass and Presto The Wizard (Eric Presti) on guitar.
The video is a hand drawn rotoscope animation composed of over 2,500 individual illustrations. Animator Nick Black spent over 6 months tracing each frame from the original live action footage onto paper in a technique called "rotoscoping" - with 12 drawings representing a second of footage. We then photographed these drawings and let them run in order to create the video you see here.
A reformed lumberjack must harness the POWER OF NATURE in order to fight an 8-BIT MUTANT WASP MONSTER that is destroying his friends and his home.
WEBSITE : http://cargocollective.com/joelmackenzie
SONG: Yelling in Sleep - Rich Aucoin
• Premiered at TAAFI 2014
• Screened at Annecy International Film Festival 2015
• Screened at Animation Block Party 2014 - WINNER of BEST MUSIC VIDEO
• Screened at Ottawa International Animation Festival (September, 2014)
• Screened at KLIK! Amsterdam Animation Festival (November 2014)
• Screened at Stuttgart International Festival of Animated Film 2014
• Screened at Croq' Anime Festival du Film d'Animation de Paris 2014
• Screened at Atlantic Film Festival (September 2014)
• Screened at Animac - Spain ( February 2015 )
• Nominated for Prism prize - Canada top 10 music video nomination
Written/Directed/Produced/Storyboards / Character Design: