Container based deployments are rapidly becoming the de-facto standard for system deployments ranging from small wordpress sites to how Twitter deployment their clusters. Docker is leading the way with an amazing eco-system to support this evolving paradigm and shift in terms of infrastructure.
During this talk, Ben will discuss how you can architecture your .NET applications for use with Docker and a container based deployment approach. Covering the entire stack, the topics will include:
- Creating environments for development, staging, production
- How web applications, databases and other external systems can communicate across containers
- Ensuring data is reliable, monitored and available
- Taking advantage of auto-service discovery for rolling deployments and zero downtime
- Combining Azure and Docker
At the end, developers and system administrators will understand the issues associated with this new way of thinking, how production environments need to change to support containers and the advantages they bring for maintainability across multiple environments and clusters.