A. ABOUT THIS VIDEO - SUMMARY:
* This video demonstrates a DC Point-To-Point, Push-Pull, Automatic Reversing Shuttle, using an S gauge and a Largescale engine.
* This is for trains running on DC current (not AC, not DCC).
* It uses a simple timer to reverse the polarity to the rails every 16 to 120 sections (adjustable).
* Diode track sections are used at each end to stop the trains. . . . . . . --
* This is a simple circuit that needs ONLY TWO wires to the track.
* Although the unit demonstrated (PH Hobbies) is no longer made, these "polarity reversing timers" are fairly generic, and several companies currently sell them.
1:00 - 9:48 Pt. A Demo w/S gauge & Largescale trains 9:48 - 20:30 Pt. B: Track Hookup & Diodes 20:30 - 25:00 Pt. C: About the Control Unit 25:00 - 29:05 Pt. D: Wiring Diagram & Indicator Lights 29:05 - 30:40 End (overview Aug. 2012 corresponding Garden Railways article)