There is a platform each of us stand upon each day of our lives. It is called the platform of exposure to sin. This platforms leads each of us to: SEVEN STEPS SOMEWHERE. We all stand this moment on a platform known as the platform of exposure to temptation to sin. From it lead seven steps in each direction. Downward steps are:
1. TRIFLING WITH SIN Psalm 66:18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, The Lord will not hear.
2. YIELDING TO SIN Romans 6:13 And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God.
3. HABITUALLY YIELDING TO SIN Romans 6:12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts.
4. ABANDONMENT TO SIN Ephesians 4:19 who, being past feeling, have given themselves over to lewdness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.
5. ABANDONMENT OF GOD TO SIN Romans 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting;
6. Being Used By SATAN TO TEMPT OTHERS Romans 1:32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them. 2 Timothy 2:22-24
7. HELL: AND YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DIE TO GET THERE. Hell is character as well as location. The one who hates everything that God loves is tasting a bit Hell now and Hell is in them.
The Upward steps are:
1. RESISTANCE AS AN ATTITUDE: determining sin will not have Dominion over me. Daniel 1:8 But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king’s delicacies, nor with the wine which he drank; therefore he requested of the chief of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself.
2. OVERCOMING SIN BY FAITH. Hebrews 11:25-27 choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God than to enjoy the passing pleasures of sin, 26 esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt; for he looked to the reward. 27 By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king; for he endured as seeing Him who is invisible.
3. HABITUAL VICTORY OVER SIN. The strength from one victory helps you with the next. 2 Corinthians 2:14 Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place.
4. LEARNING THE SECRET OF A VICTORIOUS LIFE, a life hid with Christ in God. Colossians 3:1-2 If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. 2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.
5. TAKEN UP BY GOD INTO DEEPER FELLOWSHIP. You trusted God now He trust you, like Daniel, greatly beloved. Psalm 65:4 Blessed is the man You choose, And cause to approach You, That he may dwell in Your courts. We shall be satisfied with the goodness of Your house, Of Your holy temple.
6. MAKE AN EXAMPLE OTHERS FOLLOW. Philippians 3:17 Brethren, join in following my example, and note those who so walk, as you have us for a pattern.
7. HEAVEN: AND YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DIE IN ORDER TO GET THERE. Heaven is character as well as location. The one who loves everything that God loves, is tasting a bit of Heaven now and Heaven is in them.
The Spiritual Law of Sowing & Reaping
Turn with me in your Bibles to Galatians 6:7-9. One of the most vital lessons we as believers need to learn, and that we as Biblical Counselors & Disciplers need to share is found in Galatians 6:7-9.
Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. 8 For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. 9 And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart
God never sleeps, never gets distracted, and He notices everything we say, think, and do. The spiritual law that Paul here describes in Galatians 6 is called the consequence engine.
2013JAN16# vimeo.com/57714146 Uploaded 347 Plays 4 Likes 1 Comment
Biblical Counseling & Discipleship Class - John Barnett
Browse This Channel
More stuff from “Biblical Counseling & Discipleship Class - John Barnett”
Heads up: the shoutbox will be retiring soon. It’s tired of working, and can’t wait to relax. You can still send a message to the channel owner, though!