In this talk Mark focusses on what we can do with audio now that it's all grown up and takes a look at what is just around the corner. He'll talk about his work with large media companies as diverse as Al Jazeera and the BBC and his newly formed experimental non-profit. Among other technologies we'll touch on the new Web Audio API standard, WebRTC, live-streaming and mobile audio.
Pyromachina 2008: fireworks festival in Krakow, Poland.
This show was made by Vitor Machado & Luso Pirotecnia Group
Luso Pirotecnia Group is a Portuguese firm with huge achievements in pyrotechnical shows. They have pioneered many new ideas and concepts in modern show pyrotechnics. In their work Luso Pirotecnia stress innovation and improvements of modern pyrotechnical animation techniques.
Luso Pirotechnica pursues a diversified range of activities from manufacturing their own fireworks to designing and executing classical firework shows to multimedia shows. In its relatively short history that started in 1995 the company very quickly moved to the top of the pyrotechnical world and has experienced an almost unbroken string of successes at international shows.
Luso Pirotecnia has garnered a plethora of prestigious awards and prizes at international competitions and reviews, including:
* First Prize at Pyronale - International Fireworks Festival In Berlin 2006. Berlin, Germany
* Audience Award and Platinum Statuette at Les Nuits de Feu – Concours International de Feux D’Artifice. Chantilly, France, 2006
* First Prize at Contest VII SKY CONCERT’04. Yokohama, Japan, 2004
* First Prize at Les Nuits de Feu – Concours International de Feux D’Artifice - Chantilly, France, 2004
* First Prize at Festival D'Art Pyrotechnique de Cannes, Cannes, France, 2003
* Second Place at Le Mondial SAQ – International Contest. Montreal, Canada, 2002