Watch as CJ tries to impress an unsuspecting female prey using only his own binary soup.
This is a comedic commentary on how our technology and gadgets can be kept on our selfs in great numbers. Some people needs books while others need a clown car full of gadgets.
A few notes and facts.
- We used one hv20, a manfrotto tripod, a 15inch hdtv, a static 35mm adapter with a very dirty, washed, and scratched ground glass. A power generator.
- I have very little skill with my editing program. This is probably why the sound is now out of sync on vimeo and not on computer playback.
- We tried 3 times to film this. first try was a failure do to wind and poor monitoring equipment. 2nd time we started shooting and we were almost done and someone sat down next to us and enthusiastically asked "are you shooting a movie?" and when we responded with yes he continued to sit on the bench while he children played around our set. we moved and by the time we were half way through our power generator died. Funny now, then not so much. Third try we finished in about an hour because at that time we've all had more than enough practice.
- Ryan, the actor decided on naming his character CJ, and if enough people like this movie we will be turning it into a small series of films where CJ tries his hardest to pick up the ladies.
- I actually purchased the notebook for this film.
- This was all of our first time making films. I didn't have much time to make credits so I'll mention everyone here. by couple.
Marc and Melissa: Are a fun couple that helped out a lot. Marc helped write the script and had a lot of great ideas. Marc is cousins with Ryan and thats how he came to be CJ.
Courtney and Matto: Matt is my roommate and best friend. He asked a girl behind the counter at CVS for her number and she said yes, ever since then we've had our female actress. Matt helped out a great deal, however his original job was to slate we couldn't get him to stop spacing off and doodling on the slate. we also would find him "grabbing at him self" for the camera before almost every take. we put a stop Matto slating.
CJ: Ryan is a very serious actor and said he couldn't get into character as a sleazy pick up artist if his girlfriend was around. Actually, I'm just kidding. Ryan does have a girlfriend now matter how well he can play this part in real life.
Jay and Heather: Heather is my girlfriend. She has awesome forearm endurance since her main job was to hold the monitor at eye level for me. My monitor is actually a 15inch HDTV.
I'm Jay, I did a bunch of stuff like direct, but I couldn't have even come close to putting this together with out the help of the above mentioned.
A man obsessively watches his wedding videos when his best friend drops by. His wife is an Imitek prosthetic, built after she was killed in an accident, and her body and mind have crashed. Paul waits for the repairmen, trying to decide whether he should actually let them bring her back this time. He is coming to the realization that she is not the woman he fell in love with, and perhaps it is better just to let her go than to force her to live in a mechanical “shell.”
Dir. Damon Stea
Feat. Sean Lask
Uploaded 3,537 Plays11 Likes21 Comments
This has been my first short film and my first use of the HV20. The setting is in the far future after the
fictitious "biowars" that nearly wipe out all of the human species. Two brothers find a piece of the past...
Uploaded 166 Plays16 Likes14 Comments
My first ever such attempt... this video was created for the hv20.com video festival "HD shorts" subject-technology.