1. Describe your family growing up. How big was it? Who was your favorite, why? What is one of your favorite memories with your family?
2. Where did you meet your significant other? (If you are single, what does your ideal spouse look like?)
3. When was a time that you felt the loneliest? Why do you think you felt that way at that particular time?
4. What is the theological significance of your being created in the Imago Dei (the image of God, Gen 1 26-27)? What is the personal significance for you?
5. What is the problem with thinking that marriage is going to fulfill you?
6. What do you think of the following statement: “Marriage doesn’t heal loneliness. Single lonely people become married lonely people.”?
7. That leads to the big question, “why get married?” (or why did we get married for those are already married).
8. What has kept you from praying with your significant other in the past? When is a time that you can set aside to pray together each week? (be careful, we’re going to check in on you on this next week!)
9. Is God the center of your relationship or is on the outskirts? If God were at the center of your marriage/relationship, how would your relationship look different?
10. What does it mean for a man to be the spiritual leader of the family?