If you like the music, please consider visiting the composer's website: "From Truth" by Dexter Britain: dexterbritain.co.uk
• Canon EOS 50D shooting Magic Lantern raw video at 1584×674px (2.35 aspect ratio) / 23.976fps / 1/48 shutter
• KomputerBay 64GB 1000x CF card
• Sigma 30mm f/1.4
• my hands :)
POST-PRODUCTION WORKFLOW (on my iMac)
• RAWMagic conversion from .RAW to .dng
• import of dng sequences into After Effects CC
• in the Camera RAW window I adjusted the white balance and used the VisionLOG V2.1 camera calibration (vision-color.com/visionlog)
• I added a bit of Neat Video noise reduction (neatvideo.com)
• export of all sequences (videos) to ProRes 4444 .mov files
• entire editing of the short video in Premiere Pro CC
• export of XML file to DaVinci Resolve Lite
• color grading
• I added VisionColor's amazing OSIRIS film emulation LUTs (mainly JUGO - REC.709 and KDX - REC.709) at about 30% intensity
• export to ProRes 4444 using the "Final Cut Pro XML Round-Trip" preset
• XML import into Premiere Pro CC
• titles and credits
• I added a bit of Warp Stabilizer to most of the clips
• overlay of Rgrain's film grain (rgrain.com) at 35% transparency
• export to ProRes Proxy or LT
• upload to Vimeo
Shot with the Canon 50D + Magic Lantern raw recording and the Rokinon 85mm T1.5 Cine lens on a sunny day in Frankfurt am Main. After using this camera for quite a while now, I am still impressed by its raw video's dynamic range, color information and overall sharpness.
Magic Lantern Raw test with Canon 60D.
Original resolution 1280x544, upscaled to 1920x1080 in post.
Transcoded to Apple Prores 444 in After Effects CS6.
Edited and graded (very subtle) in Davinci Resolve Lite 11.
Actresses: Esperanza Guardado and Carmen Nieves.
Music: "Square one" by Anitek.
Square One (Anitek) / CC BY-NC-SA 3.0
Travelogue of the various landscapes I encountered in Oman, Dubai, and Abu Dhabi. My goal was to capture the startling visual contrasts: from barren to lush, anceint to ultra-modern. I wanted to show some of the lesser-known corners of a region with a complex personality.
Select clips from this video are available for licensing. For inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org licensing.unscripted.com