This tutorial shows how to use TouchOSC together with Modul8 over CoreMIDI.
This is what you need:
- Buy Modul8 or download the demo* garagecube.com/modul8/
- Buy the TouchOSC app for your iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch or from the app store. You must run iOS 4.2 or later to be able to use Core MIDI.
- Download the TouchOSC editor for OSX from hexler.net
- From within Modul8, download the "Two way MIDI (Udart)" module form the module library*.
* You can't download modules if you are running a demo version of Modul8. You can however skip the part with MIDI feedback.
There will be more information in an upcoming blog post.
This tutorial was made at 1 in the morning at a hotel room in Falun, Sweden.
Demo Nuevas funciones MAdmapper 1.1 realizado para Vjspain.com
Puedes bajar le video en fullHD desde el link de abajo a la derecha.
el siguiente texto es un extracto del post original del Blog de Madmapper escrito por Ilan Katin, Enero 17, 2012 post original: madmapper.com/blog/
Here are some of the feature highlights:
Warp your textures to fit curved surfaces using bezier meshes. Every point on a mesh can be manipulated in both the output and the input window. Additionally, you can add and remove subdivisions to your mesh without affecting its shape.
Not just a simple masking of an image into a circle, our circle has 5 points that allow you to reposition the center point of your image so that it is displayed correctly when your circular objects are positioned at an angle.
Save an unlimited amount of presets. Every time you make a change to a setup, be it that you changed the position or added a quad, changed the order of your quads, you can create yet another preset. Make several different compositions to test them out and change presets on the fly with DMX (see below).
Surface color modulation
Some simple and small material can now be pushed even further within MadMapper because you can now variate that colors of your quads, traingles and circles.
Send the output of MadMapper to any other Syphon enabled application. One of the main benefits is that this allows you to record your output using the Syphon Recorder (syphon.v002.info/recorder/) so that you can play it back in a standard player or projector, or apply real time effects to it within your VJ application.
Extended DMX support
We have added an extended fixture mode that allows you to control the properties of the quads, giving you more control that allows you to further integrate MadMapper into your stage design setups. See our page in the advanced tutorials section for the full channel listing.
Further enhancements include:
- Surface to stage
- Mesh to surface
- Mesh to stage
- Multiple selection snap
- Shift + mouse constraints along the x or y axis
- alt + keyboard constraints in perspective
- Mask primitive invert option
- Reveal in Finder button for image/movie media files
- Unlimited Presets: allows for taking a “snapshot” of the current configuration
- Additional background color defaults (grey, red, green, blue)
- Toggle highlight background with a button in view toolbars
- Stage size and stretch output options
For a full and detailed list of changes see the forum post.
The update is free for all registered users of MadMapper and can be downloaded from the yourspace page, accessible using your serial number.
Licenses, that can be used to authorize on two computers, can be purchased from our shop.