1.) Before Jesus Gentiles were on the outside looking in: The Gentiles pre-Christian condition (2:11-12)
- Gentiles were objects of Jewish contempt (2:11)
- Gentiles were spiritually destitute (2:12)
2.) The new people of God are a diverse people united by the work of Christ (2:13-22)
- Every believer (Jew and Gentile) has been reconciled to one another (2:13-16)
- Every believer (Jew and Gentile) is at peace with God (2:17, 18).
- Every believer (Jew and Gentile) shares in the benefits of the gospel (2:19-22)