Cloud Analytics is a new product from RightScale that enables you to visualize, forecast, and optimize costs across your entire cloud portfolio. The end result for your enterprise: lower cloud costs and more accurate cloud budgets.
Using cloud analytics we show how you can:
• Analyze your instance usage and costs across all major public and private clouds.
• View costs by department, application, and user.
• Plan for future growth by using historical consumption to run what-if scenarios for accurate forecasting.
• Take action on the results of your analysis through RightScale Cloud Management to eliminate waste, leverage reserved instances, and implement budget controls.
This includes a live demo of Cloud Analytics and demonstrating how to visualize, analyze, forecast, and optimize cloud usage.
This webinar is perfect for those who are struggling with cloud cost management and planning, including technical, business and finance managers, and for those who need to calculate the right amount of Reserved Instances to buy.
Segment 1: Servers tab in Deployments (new capability) (email@example.com)
- interact with servers, server arrays, instances and other resource types with a simplified interface.
- enhanced bulk actions: E.g. Bulk SSH into multiple servers.
Add New Array or New Server to your Deployment with a cleaner interface.
Manage tags on servers and instances easily within the table itself.
Segment 2: Unified Clusters or Unified Cloud Platform (firstname.lastname@example.org)
API details, Migration and Support information.
Uploaded 1 Play0 Likes0 Comments
Shivan Bindal (email@example.com)
Bring an instance into to RightScale
Select instances and add them to a Deployment
After adding your instances, they show up in your Deployment page
Q1: Can you run scripts on these instances?
A: Not yet. Current focus is to support logical organization of instances and provide value related to management and reporting of instances.
Q2: Do you have Alerts capability for instances?
A: Monitoring and alerting are requested by customers and we are aware of it.
Q3: Will you charge RCUs for these instances that are brought into RightScale?
A : Meter instance usage within the Deployment, but you won't be charged initially.
Uploaded 0 Plays0 Likes0 Comments
An update current Chef Integration by Ryan O' Leary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Cookbooks and Repositories are first class objects, you can access it from an account level.
We are getting rid of RepoPaths. Other updates include:
a. New more responsive UI to manage Repositories. Once you have Cookbooks in your account, you can attach it to your ServerTemplate.
b. The newer more responsive UI for ServerTemplate with improved ease of use for dealing with Cookbooks and RightScripts.