This is stuff that Jamie worked on during her internship. Sadly, the very best and coolest of her labor will not be shown because we can't by contract until after June 4. But at that time she'll embellish her story and say that she got to dress in Wally's…
This is stuff that Jamie worked on during her internship. Sadly, the very best and coolest of her labor will not be shown because we can't by contract until after June 4. But at that time she'll embellish her story and say that she got to dress in Wally's costume for a Red Sox shoot.
1) MINI spot: Jamie ran errands and bought all the stuff you see in this video (including the car. It's in the parking lot right now). She also cleaned windows in the pet store, I think. And she forgot to feed us which was sad for me because I become unpleasant when famished.
2) Acton Toyota; She did the ZERO down Sign. Oops. This is a good example of what happens in our world. The scripted version was only OKAY. But the actor was funny when he laughed, so I used it (here). So you won't really see the ZERO down thing. But they are car dealers--pretty straight-forward black and white leaning people. So they wanted the original. Which you can also see here.
3) SK30 - That's code for the project I was talking about. Move along. Nothing to see here.
4) Guster: Jamie did a lot of rotoscoping and digital painting. She did the whole stars coming down sequence. And one of the trickier bells sequences and many of the text animation. It was all very analog. Our use of digital paint was a last resort to clean it up. THE OFFICIAL version of this video this isn't. You can see the little white crotch shifting about on this version (to cover Adam's orange skivvies). It was eventually fixed (by Jamie). I couldn't find that version when I uploaded this one and forgot to return to it. The VEVO/Youtube Unversal version is over there. Same thing, less crotch shift.
5) ACURA Nav: Starlet in this acura commercial that we are a bit behind on. Here it is. It's going to need a lot of work. But I only spent three hours cutting it so far so I think we'll get there tomorrow. You can see this one up and running in a week or so and when you do you will be like, "What? Wait. That's so cool. And what we saw during Jamie's presentation SUCKED." The music, by the way, is by one of my friends WHO IS A GRADUATE OF YOUR SCHOOL - Luke Breneman. Ask your teachers who were around 20 years ago (Holy Moses that's weird to say) and they'll tell you: LUKE is a fiercely talented boy. Scary talented. His artwork probably intimidated the crap out of even his 2nd grade art teacher. Anyhow, this is his song collector from one of his recentish albums, Pigeons. (The band is Here We Go Magic, by the way. Their latest was produced by Nigel Godrich. You will know who Luke is soon enough, young friends. Just as you will know how weird it is to say twenty years ago soon enough.