After I installed the new firmware 1.5 on my Pocket Cinema Camera, I shot some footage to check how this little camera can hold up the image in different scenarios. Coming from a Sony FS700 (without raw) I decided to shoot some scenes where I usually have to stress the 8-bit codec with artefacts, banding, etc.
First scene (dark mood):
Handeld with small Rig
19mm Sigma 2.8 Lens (no aperture control!)
Mostly shot with 800ASA, the last pictures with 1600ASA and a bit of Neat Video to reduce the noise
Shot on tripod with lots of extension tubes for macro
Helios 44M2 (M42 Leica Mount)
Pentacon 29mm 2.8
Sadly, I underexposed these shots about two stops - fixed it in Davinci Resolve, used a bit of Neat Video, too
Shot at 800ASA
No noise reduction!
Tokina 11-16 (stopped down to F6.3)
Samyang/ Rokinon 35mm 1.5 Cine Version
Samyang/ Rokinon 85mm 1.4
Heliopan Vario ND
I tested out different LUTs from Vision Color Osiris in Resolve.
Cinema DNG -> Davinci Resolve 10 Lite -> ProRes Proxy
Premiere XML -> Davinci Resolve 10 Lite -> ProRes 4444 & XML
Premiere -> ProRes Proxy -> Vimeo (Philip Bloom method, thanks btw!)