When he heard this, Jesus said, “This sickness will not end in death. No, it is for God’s glory so that God’s Son may be glorified through it.” John 11:4
1) Jesus waited two days before going to Bethany. Knowing how Jesus loved Mary, Martha, and Lazarus, what do you think the disciples were discussing or thinking?
2) The wait had a lot to do with giving Jesus opportunity to teach. Name some “lessons” that you see Jesus teaching in this story.
3) Human beings are not good at waiting. When we do wait on God, what are the results?
4) Does waiting on God mean that we sit on our thumbs and do nothing? How do you know when to act and when not to? (Think of Martha and Mary’s statements in vs.21 & 32)
5) Is there a time in your life when you had to wait and trust God? What lessons did you learn from this time of waiting?
6) What did you learn about God’s power?
7) Did you, like Thomas, gain a greater personal insight (see Thomas’ remark in v.16) into your relationship with Jesus?