Two Men in Debt
See yourself in the story
The secret of this parable is connected to the story a real woman.
It doesn’t get any better than this
God’s forgiveness is more precious than even your next breath
Check your gratitude
When you delight in your forgiveness, you will serve with joy and humility.
Matthew 23:12# vimeo.com/97624129 Uploaded 83 Plays 0 Likes 0 Comments
“YOLO” - A Rich Fool
YOLO (You Only Live Once)
We brought nothing into this world and we can take nothing out.
To accumulate for the sake of having more is to miss God’s purpose for giving us wealth.
“But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself? Luke 12:20
You Are Most Enriched When You Give It Away
Like a flame that lights a candle, wealth given away is not depleted.
Be on your guard against all kinds of greed. Luke 12:15
For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. 1 Timothy 6:10 NIV
The gift of time is the most precious.
Give to them of your time and your wealth.
Seek out those in need, and your gifts will be like medicine.
But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33
1. What is a parable? From where do the “plots” of parables come?
2. Jesus often spoke in parables. What was his purpose in doing so?
3. In our Luke 12:13-21 reading, when Jesus was asked for advice, to whom was his answer directed? Why?
4. How would you re-tell this parable in today’s language?
5. More and more, our society takes on an attitude of YOLO (You only live once), “Eat, drink and be merry.” What does Jesus say about that attitude? How does that apply to us today? How does that apply to you?
6. Wealth comes in many forms. What are some of those forms? How can others benefit from the wealth which God has given us? (Not just money)# vimeo.com/97280523 Uploaded 60 Plays 0 Likes 0 Comments
A cause for embarrassment
Our behavior is frequently inappropriate in the presence of Jesus.
If Jesus is truly Lord, then worship and obedience are our only options.
He crossed the line .. for us
We easily turn Jesus’ life into a story and forget it was sacrifice.
A proposal requires an appropriate response
Time for action
First we say no to the world so we can say yes to Jesus.
Jesus calls us to discipline and obedience.
2 other lessons
Revelation 21:6-8# vimeo.com/96447715 Uploaded 106 Plays 0 Likes 0 Comments
Link to “World’s Toughest Job” a mom.
TITLE: Jesus is With You Always
In the pit and on the mountaintop.
The pits of life are where we often recognize Jesus the least.
On the mountaintop we too often see Jesus as someone we “really don’t need right now.”
2 Corinthians 5:7 For we live by faith, not by sight.
“He’s everywhere; He’s everywhere”
We need to understand that “everywhere” MEANS “everywhere”.
Sometimes we think that everywhere is everywhere except where we are right now.
Psalm 139:8 NIV
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
Here I am, ready or not
God is ready for you, whether or not you are looking for Him!
“With you” means YOU.
Joshua 1:9 Do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
Matthew 28:20 And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
1) It is not unusual for God to make a promise in the Old Testament and the New Testament. From their context in Scripture, how are the circumstances of the promises in Joshua 1:9 and Matthew 28:20 similar?
2) In Psalm 139:8, the writer, King David, speaks of God’s presence at different times of life. What do you think it means that he sees God when he goes up to the heavens and also down to the depths? (There are no wrong answers)
3) There may be times in our lives when we feel God has deserted us. In those times, who has really deserted (forgotten) about whom?
4) Describe at least one way that God has been present in your life during a crisis.
5) Describe at least one way that God has been present during a time of celebration in your life.
6) God promises, “I will always be with you.” How can you be sure of this? (Hint: God never breaks a promise.)# vimeo.com/94874401 Uploaded 70 Plays 0 Likes 0 Comments
Jesus is Healer
Luke 8:41 - 56
Not if, but when
In a fallen world there will be physical, emotional and spiritual pain.
We are all vulnerable to disease, accidents and evil.
Jesus the healer
Jesus’ ministry started to reverse the consequences of “the fall.”
In addition to healing, Jesus brings hope and compassion.
Follow the leader
“In the name of Jesus”, we also can do great things.
You are well equipped to be a wounded healer.
1 Of physical, emotional and spiritual pain, which do you think is most difficult to heal? Why? Which of these is easiest to help or sympathy for?
2 Of those three, which have been most problematic for you? Why”
3 What are some of the “healing” stories of Jesus that give us assurance that our Heavenly Father has power over all of these challenges? What special comfort does that offer?
4 Do you have any personal “healing cure” stories in one of these areas that you can share with your group/others?
5 Do you have “hope” or “comfort” stories that you have experienced when healing did not happen or happen quickly?
6 How might you use your pain in one of these areas and/or your pain coupled with healing to bring healing, comfort or hope to others?# vimeo.com/93898197 Uploaded 137 Plays 0 Likes 0 Comments
Victory Lutheran Church Mesa AZ Sermons
Grass roots media out let for Victory Lutheran Church. Sunday sermons
Browse This Channel
More stuff from “Victory Lutheran Church Mesa AZ Sermons”
Heads up: the shoutbox will be retiring soon. It’s tired of working, and can’t wait to relax. You can still send a message to the channel owner, though!