Coderetreat is a day-long, intensive practice event, focusing on the fundamentals of software development and design. By providing developers the opportunity to take part in focused practice away from the pressures of 'getting things done', the coderetreat format has proven itself to be a highly effective means of skill improvement.
You can learn more about Coderetreat on the Coderetreat Community Network (coderetreat.org). You will find information about:
- How to organize and facilitate your own coderetreat
- Listings of upcoming coderetreats all over the world
- Community-supplied content and media (blogs, forum posts, pictures, and even links to videos).
- Information about the Coderetreat Community Contribution Fund (c3f). c3f (currently operating as a non-profit and being reviewed for 501(c)(3) status) was established with the express goals of funding community-based, education-oriented software development and kids programming events.
- Coderetreat Community Network - the main site for information about coderetreat