CREATE | INSTAGRAM
Create stunning Instagram videos in minutes.
Create an Instagram story.
Create an Instagram Story that’s super engaging with Vimeo’s Instagram Story video maker. Browse hundreds of Instagram Story templates to start.
Create an Instagram ad.
Boost traffic, build your audience, and generate leads with Vimeo Create. Start now with our library of Instagram ad templates.
How to make beautiful Instagram videos in minutes.
- Choose an Instagram video template.
Vimeo Create has plenty of template options to use for your Instagram Stories, ads, and feed posts.
- Add media.
Add your own images and video clips or choose from our unlimited stock library.
- Customize the template.
Make Instagram videos that match your vibe and aesthetic by customizing text, filters, colors and more.
- Save and publish to Instagram.
Once your video is finished, save and publish directly to Instagram for your audience to enjoy.
I use Vimeo Create for ad content creation and our social channels, and it has definitely saved me a lot of time and energy. Now I feel like I can be more creative with the overall framework of the videos.Carleigh Craparo
Social Content Manager at Tappan Collective
Vimeo is great for us: everything lives in one place, and there’s no sharing of large files that take a long time to download. And once the video is done, it’s really easy for us to share on social and embed into websites.Kyle Rajaneimi
Marketing Manager at Yeti Cycles
Vimeo Create is going to make our Instagram ads much more dynamic and impressive.Anna Konson
Graphic Designer at Bloomscape
Create Instagram videos that people want to watch.
Make Instagram videos that stop those scrolling fingers.
Instagram videos can boost brand awareness, market your products or services, and engage your audience. The following best practices and expert tips can help you make stunning and heart-worthy Instagram videos.
Pay attention to timing and sizing.
There are a few types of Instagram videos — posts, ads, and stories. Vimeo Create has a library of templates that are pre-set with required dimensions and sizes depending on your video type, so there’s no guesswork involved. According to Facebook, 1:1 square videos are the most adopted video format on Instagram. Posts should be < 60 seconds, ads should be between 5-15 seconds, and each story frame can be up to 15 seconds.
Make the first few seconds your best.
Grabbing the attention of your audience within the first few seconds in your video is necessary to stop the scroll. Make the first 1-3 seconds of your videos your most engaging with an eye-catching clip or cover image that gets noticed and immediately showcases what your video will be about.
Tell a story.
Videos have the power to tell stories that images can’t. Use your Instagram videos to tell your brand’s story and boost brand awareness. Give your video a cohesive story from beginning to end to help your audience see why you stand out.
Instagram video frequently asked questions.
- What’s the best size for Instagram video?
- You can create square, portrait, and landscape Instagram videos. The maximum resolutions are 1080×1080 for square videos, 1080×1350 for portrait videos, and 1080×608 for landscape videos. Although you can have lower resolutions, it’s best to stick to higher resolutions for better video quality. See the optimal size for all social media platforms in this social media video lengths cheat sheet.
- What’s the best way to use Instagram video?
- There are many ways to use Instagram video, including creating short Instagram ads, marketing a product or service, building brand awareness, or making tutorials. With Vimeo’s Instagram video maker templates, you’ll have access to several types of Instagram videos to customize for each goal.
- What’s the best video format for Instagram?
- The best video format for Instagram is MP4. This format keeps video sizes down while still offering supreme quality. Because the maximum size of an Instagram video is 4GB, it’s important to use MP4 for smaller file sizes with excellent visual and audio quality.
Create an Instagram video today.