CREATE | SOCIAL MEDIA
Make stunning videos for social media.
Create a Facebook video.
Create a Facebook video that grabs attention. Get started with one of our professionally designed Facebook video templates.
Create an Instagram video.
Create a compelling Instagram video that engages your audience. Get started with one of our beautiful Instagram video templates.
Create a LinkedIn Video.
Create an attention-grabbing LinkedIn video. Get started with one of our beautiful LinkedIn video templates.
Create a Twitter Video.
Create a Twitter video that stops the scroll. Get started with one of Vimeo’s professionally designed Twitter video templates.
Create a YouTube Video.
Create a compelling YouTube video that engages and entertains. Get started with one of our beautiful YouTube video templates.
Create a Pinterest Video.
Create a powerful Pinterest video to engage your audience. Get started with one of Vimeo’s professionally designed Pinterest video templates.
Make thumb-stopping social media videos in seconds.
How to create captivating videos for social media.
Get started →
- Choose a professionally designed social media video template.
Making video content for social media for free has never been simpler with Vimeo Create’s social video creator. Choose from our library of social media video templates to start making social media video ads, product announcements, testimonial videos, and other social media videos that get results.
- Add images from our unlimited stock library.
Customize your social media video by uploading your own video clips or graphics. Or, you can choose from Vimeo’s extensive collection of stock images to create quick social media videos that grab attention.
- Edit your social media video.
Vimeo’s free social media video maker makes it simple to edit videos for social media with easy to use tools for customizing your text, adjusting your video format, choosing color palettes, adding styles, and more.
- Save and share your videos to your favorite social media platforms.
Native social media videos are more effective at getting users to stop scrolling compared to links to videos on third-party platforms. With Vimeo’s social video creator, you can make and publish eye-catching videos directly to Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, or Pinterest with the click of a button.
I use Vimeo Create for ad content creation and our social channels, and it has definitely saved me a lot of time and energy. Now I feel like I can be more creative with the overall framework of the videos.Carleigh Craparo
Social Content Manager at Tappan Collective
Vimeo is great for us: everything lives in one place, and there’s no sharing of large files that take a long time to download. And once the video is done, it’s really easy for us to share on social and embed into websites.Kyle Rajaneimi
Marketing Manager at Yeti Cycles
Vimeo Create helps make creating our social media and promotional content far easier. Our team is able to spend only a couple minutes and end up with amazing digital content that’s ready to use!Frank Acosta
Founder of Acosta Tequila
Make an impact on social with video.
Here’s a stat for you: in 2021, the average person is expected to watch over 100 minutes of video online every single day. Not only that, but the majority of that video content will come directly on — or from — social media.
While pretty impressive, these numbers probably don’t come as much of a surprise if you’ve spent any time on the internet in the last few years. Both social media and video continue to be increasingly popular elements of online marketing, and videos optimized for social media have become a key tool for brands looking to make their mark online. Now more than ever, the question isn’t whether or not you should be using social media video content, but rather how you can make the most of it. Making video content for social media doesn’t have to be difficult. These best practices and expert tips will help you create effective social media videos that make an impact.
Understand the medium.
When strategizing for social media video content, it’s important to understand individual platforms and the nature of social media overall. Whether you’re looking to utilize Facebook, Linkedin, or even TikTok, the rising importance of mobile viewership is clear.
Mobile video consumption has been increasing at a rate of at least 100% year-in-year-out and will continue to be the dominant trend for video audiences in the years to come. This means that your social content should be mobile-friendly, first and foremost.
Optimize your social media videos for each network.
Every social media network has its own specifications and limitations for video formats and sizes, so you’ll need to optimize your video for optimal viewing and accessibility for each social media network where you plan to share or promote your videos. Vimeo’s social video creator makes it easy to create video content for every social media platform with simple tools for adjusting and fine-tuning your videos to suit each network’s specifications.
Don’t just inform, entertain.
According to one recent study, 72% of customers say they’d prefer to learn about products or services with video — but It’s not just information that consumers crave. The entertainment value of your social video content can be just as important, and nailing that sweet spot between educational and entertaining can make all the difference in creating ads that are as engrossing as they are effective.
Grab attention by hooking viewers in the first few seconds.
Social media users’ attention spans are short, and some social media platforms limit videos to a few seconds to a few minutes in length. Twitter limits videos to two minutes and 20 seconds, for instance, while Instagram limits videos in the main feed to 60 seconds and Instagram Story videos to just 15 seconds. That means you need to grab your viewers’ attention quickly with a compelling hook in the first few seconds to keep them watching.
Add captions to appeal to users with the sound off.
Many social media users scroll their feeds with their sound off (in fact, 85% of Facebook video is watched without sound), so if you want to get your message across to these users, captions and descriptive text are key. Vimeo’s social video editor makes it easy to add text, descriptions, and captions for every frame, and more, so you can captivate viewers whether they have their sound on or off.
Yes, we’d all love to make social video content that creates a viral craze all on its own. But more often than not, your content isn’t going to set the internet on fire (unless you’re Kim Kardashian, of course). Because of this, it’s more crucial than ever to make the most of your social video content, and provide potential customers with an easy way to connect more deeply with your brand. While some social media platforms are better equipped for prompting click-throughs than others (Facebook lets you organically integrate in-video links), employing follow-through links or short URLs on Twitter or Instagram are important steps for ensuring solid ROI. Did we mention Vimeo’s video interaction tools can help make this easy?
Social video content allows your audience to connect and engage directly with your brand. We don’t have to tell you how important audience engagement can be for your company, but you might want to know just how helpful video can be in boosting your numbers on social media.
Let’s look at Twitter, for example. Tweets with videos see up to 10 times more engagement than tweets with just text or images, while Promoted Tweets with videos help save brands more than 50% on cost-per-engagement.
Endlessly customizable, highly engaging, and super sharable, social media video content is one of the best ways to increase your brand recognition and turn prospective customers and clients into some of your biggest fans.
Frequently asked questions about social media videos.
- What is the best video format for social media?
- The recommended video formats for social media aren’t the same for every social network. Most social networks allow videos in MP4 and MOV formats; however, depending on whether you’re creating a video to share in the news feed or a video for a social media ad, the requirements can vary. Be sure to check the most recent video format specifications on your target social media platforms to ensure your videos are compliant and accessible from any device.
- How long should a video be on social media?
- Much like video formats, the allowable and ideal lengths for social media videos vary by network. Facebook and YouTube allow the longest social media videos (240 minutes and 12 hours, respectively). On some social media networks, there are different maximum video lengths depending on whether you’re sharing a video in the news feed or using a video in an ad. In general, it’s best to keep most social media videos short (between 10 to 15 seconds and a few minutes), as today’s social media users have short attention spans.
- How do you make a social media video?
- There are many video marketing tools for social media, but the easiest way to make a social media video is by using Vimeo’s social media video maker. Our free video tools for social media make it easy to create compelling video for social media ads, promotions, product launches, entertainment, and more. You can edit videos for social media to suit each social network’s video specifications, ensure your videos grab attention with easily customizable professional templates, and boost discoverability and accessibility with tools for adding text, captions, hashtags, and descriptions. Creating video content for social media has never been simpler.
Create your first social media video today.