• Currently Serve as Historian and Archivist for The Cocoa Beach Surf Museum. First and foremost I am a surfer who grew up in Cocoa Beach in the early and mid 60s giving me first hand knowledge of the dynamic growth and advancement of surfing in our community during that period of time.
• I am a professional archivist with over 30 years experience in research, document capture, index technology and historical image archiving. I am a certified document imaging specialist, certified by Kodak, Canon, Minolta and Xidex Institute of Archive Technology to name just a few.
• I am an historian with a degree in America History having studied under Dr. Jerril Shofner former department chair at the University of Central Florida and author of the “History of Brevard County” volumes One and Two. I have maintained my love of history and have continued my ongoing research.
• I have also been owner, operator and curator of two art galleries specializing in American Fine Art and Folk Art giving me experience of museum quality presentation and preservation.
• I also have experience in the management of 501C3 non-profit organizations. I served as Executive Director for Eco-Action in central Florida as well as volunteer/director of the “Room at the Inn” program throughout the southeastern United States. This has provided me with knowledge of fund raising, grant writing and non-profit management.