Dmitry Zakharov (Moscow, 1986) is a visual artist living in Cologne. He is a designer, working on the segments of video and animation. Zakharov expresses himselfe in graphical ways with clear structures, his compositions are determinated by complex and challenging nature.
In his artwork, Zakharov deals as well with present problems as with themes the human kind is concerned with for centuries. Themes like life, death and the transformation of life forms. Zakharov combines several techniques to realise his projects, 2D/3D animation and film often melted together.
Festivals - Awards - Publications
- Pause Festival - Australia
- Cut Out Festival - Mexico
- FILE Anima - Sao Paulo / Brazil // electronic language international festival //
- Lost in Nature Festival, Switzerland
- XLR8R's Music Video Best of 2012 - Micron is part of
- Vimeo Staff Picks - Black Liquid & Micron
- Deutscher Designer Club e. V. - Wettbewerbe » Gute Gestaltung 14
CARE affair # 7 wins Bronze category "corporate communication".
- Bayerischer Rundfunk - Phase 3 - Article and Videobroadcast
- Fuji TV Japan - Micron broadcasted on Japan's national television
- Souvenirsfromearth Art Channel - 4 Works broadcasting on cable tv in France and Germany
- International Biennale For Ceramics - Talavera/Toledo - screened "Process and Effekt"
- Institut für Künstlerische Keramik und Glas (IKKG) der HS Koblenz - screened "Process and Effekt"
- Robodonien Festival - Dmitry Zakharov as Artist - screened videoworks.