Five Talents is a non-profit microfinance institution (MFI) that draws its mission from Christ’s parable of the talents in Matthew 25. We establish microcredit and microsavings programs in Africa, Asia and Latin America among impoverished communities that banks and for-profit MFIs often ignore. We also organize literacy and financial education training for communities and work with the local Anglican/Episcopal Church to ensure the communities have spiritual support.
Fighting poverty is not about us. We like to build connections, not structures. Unlike some other poverty-fighting initiatives, Five Talents is distinctly connected to stable, non-governmental organizations in the countries it serves, bolstering existing networks from which continued services can be made available. We prefer not to reinvent the wheel, which keeps program cost down, and program impact up!
Our partners on the ground not only know their communities, but have served them well over the years. With a deep knowledge of each country’s history and people, language and customs, these partners have the relationships and capacity to extend Five Talents’ unique savings and microcredit programs to their people. They are known, trusted, and respected, and we are grateful for the opportunity to come alongside them to provide funding and training to bolster the good work they already do.
- www.fivetalents.org - Go directly to the source! Visit our website for the latest stories and reports from the field!
- Facebook - Get the inside scoop about happenings at our office in the DC Metro area
- Twitter - Follow us to track our latest blog posts as well as key issues and topics surrounding poverty, microfinance and global development
- Instagram - Photos from our programs in Africa, Asia and Latin America
- Pinterest - View pin boards featuring each of our programs
- UK Office