Miro Perez

Miro Perez Plus

I'm not sure if I'm approaching this the right way but what I want to do is:

1. I have a web application hosted on my site.
2. This web server will ask the API for various data like a list of albums and videos in those albums.
3. Using this data I will stream the appropriate json to a web page via ajax so I can display an embedded player on this page.

I registered a sample application, got the various keys from that request and placed those in java code executed on the server. The problem is when I need to get the verifier token/code for the accessToken part of the handshake, that's wrapped up in a url vimeo provides that I have to hit in a browser to accept and get the verifier token/code. Obviously, I want to get this on the server somehow to continue on with other calls but other than requesting this url via java url network calls, parsing the results and posting the Accept url with appropriate params I don't see any way to get that verifier token/code. Am I missing somethi

Miro Perez

Miro Perez Plus

After more reading it seems like request tokens and verifiers can be reused after you manually enter them in a browser. So in my java app, I did everything to get to the authorization url for a specific request token which I copied the strings for. I also copied the verifier code from the browser. If I use the scribe api and hardwire these values it works but my question is does the access token generated from a request token and verifier code expire? There was a comment in the api "Access tokens do not expire, unless the user removes authorization for the app from their settings page." does that mean the Disconnect link in the My Settings -> Apps?

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.