Chris Riley

Chris Riley

Not that it is that ground breaking, but now the xml API is working I have switched my videos page on my website from using the rss feed of my clips, to using the simpler structure offered by the xml API. The page is here cgriley.com/videos, and the way it works is exactly the same as I've done for the photos page using the Flickr API.

With Vimeo the only call I use is to the clips method, and I style the xml output differently using xsl to produce a list of videos, and then an individual video page. If you want tips on the xsl I've used post a reply here and I'll point you in the right direction.

Hopefully in the future I'll come up with a more original use for the API ;o)

Jake Lodwick

Jake Lodwick Alum

smuggy, nice work! And congrats on being the first person to build something with our API!

Chris Riley

Chris Riley

Cheers, although I wouldn't say it was building, I altered the files so it took the api xml as its feed instead of my clips rss feed, and altered the xsl to take account of the different xml structure, took me all of 10 minutes ;o)

Chris Kalani

Chris Kalani

Are you going to release any code for this? OR have you made anything else since this?

Chris Riley

Chris Riley

Hi chriskalani,
Firstly, I've not made anything since this.
Secondly, I've zipped up the source code into a zip file you can get here - cgriley.com/videos/videos_sourcecode.zip - I've only made a few alterations to make it safe for distribution, but essentially what makes it work is all there. Hope it is of use to you and anyone else passing by!

Ted Roden

Ted Roden Alum

Neat! It's fun to see an ASP version of this stuff.

Thanks for sharing.

Georgie Hammerton

Georgie Hammerton

GLORIOUS PANTS! Nice one Smuggy, I'm going to have a go with that one! Cheers!

Steven Haddox

Steven Haddox

This looks really cool. Thanks for the share on the code :)

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.