Robert Abramski

Robert Abramski

In the API it says that there can be only one running instance of a Vimeo player at a time. What if they are housed in single SWF files and then loaded into a parent SWF file? So far, no go. Getting an error. Can someone brighten my brain?

Here is the error being thrown:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
at com.as3.classes::Utilities$/fitToStage()
at com.as3.classes::VimeoVideo/redraw()
at com.as3.classes::VimeoVideo/addThumbnailComplete()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
at com.as3.classes.loader::MassLoader/onComplete()
at com.as3.classes.loader::MassLoader/onFileComplete()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
at com.as3.classes.loader.items::ImageItem/onComplete()

It works fine until 2 SWF have a Vimeo instance in them. There is a short delay, then it crashes. It happens 2 out of 3 times.

Is there anyway that the stage resize can be suppressed? Why is this stage resize function firing? Is there a SVN where I can look at the source of the Vimeo player for clues? My mashable is mushy without this player integration. Need an MVP for a RBI here. FYI, I love acronyms, not baseball.

Robert Abramski

Robert Abramski

It seems that emptying my cache prevents this error from occurring. I've tested this in FF3 and Safari and recreated the results several times. So my new question is, is there a way to keep the video from caching?

Robert Abramski

Robert Abramski

Ok, to answer my own question. It seems this error can be prevented by just forcing the player to be downloaded more than once. This is easy enough to do, just add a random string to the end of the moogaloop.swf query string. Basically, that way it is seen as a new URL and it forces the player to be downloaded again.

A sample query string would look like this:

bitcast.vimeo.com/vimeo/swf/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=4160427&&server=vimeo.com&width=400&height=300&show_title=1&&show_byline=1&&show_portrait=1&&fullscreen=0&cachebuster=349587934

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.