scott fritzinger

scott fritzinger

I'm working with my own HTTP library and own Vimeo uploading code.

Everything appears to be working as expected (responses signal everything went ok) with 2 exceptions:

1) verifyChunks is returning a error of 709: "Access to the chunk list failed"

2) The video doesn't not queue up for transcoding. On the video's page, I get an empty area where the video should be.

Here is a log of what I'm seeing:

1) I use checkAccessToken to ensure the OAuth token is still valid. The authorization process completes as expected with success.

2) With a valid token, I make a call to getQuota. The response shows the valid quota constraints for the account.

3) I make a call to getTicket to get an upload ticket. It returns a valid endpoint and ticket id.

4) I open a connection to that upload endpoint and upload the file. I specify the "ticket_id" and "chunk_id". I use a value of zero for the chunk_id because I am uploading in one large chunk (test file is only 200k). The file is uploaded and the response from the server is just a single zero ("0"). I'm not sure what this signals (error or success).

5) I call verifyChunks to very the upload. This is where I encounter an error. I get error 709: "Access to the chunk list failed".

6) I call 'complete' to finish the upload process and get a valid video ID.

7) I call setTitle, setDescription, and addTags, all of which appear to return successfully (response is "ok").

8) When I go to the video's 'page', it shows the title, description, and tags have all been set properly. The only thing is that there is nothing in the area where the video should be. It is the background color behind the player (no black background).

At this point, I'm unsure of what might be going on. Is verifyChunks a required call in order to process the video? The call to 'complete' appears to be successful; I assume that triggers the transcoding(?).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

scott fritzinger

scott fritzinger

I found the problem. The server expects some parameters in the URL and some in the POST body.

Mike Chimirev

Mike Chimirev

Which parameters should be in the POST body? When uploading the file (upload_multi call), I'm putting all parameters except fo the file_data in the URL.

Park Street Church

Park Street Church

Hi, I'm having the exact same problem, but I'm not passing a null ticket_id. I've tried both GETting and POSTing for the VerifyChucks method

The process I am following is:

I GET a ticket, and then POST chucks to the endpoint, for each chuck uploaded the response looks something like:
047ee1e6b8ae5a56d4b3dbcd98fe3dc4

After all the chunks are posted, I GET Verify Ticket
vimeo.com/api/rest/v2?&oauth_consumer_key=[removed]&oauth_nonce=7978709&oauth_timestamp=1302895540&oauth_signature_method=HMAC-SHA1&oauth_version=1.0&format=xml&oauth_token=[removed]&method=vimeo.videos.upload.checkTicket&ticket_id=03be6c6257901abf1723eef7af760fc7&oauth_signature=[removed]

Which returns:
stat="ok" valid="1"

then I GET the verifyChucks method, with the same ticket ID:
vimeo.com/api/rest/v2?&oauth_consumer_key=[removed]&oauth_nonce=5497401&oauth_timestamp=1302895580&oauth_signature_method=HMAC-SHA1&oauth_version=1.0&format=xml&oauth_token=[removed]&method=vimeo.videos.upload.verifyChunks&ticket_id=03be6c6257901abf1723eef7af760fc7&oauth_signature=[removed]

Which returns:
stat="fail" err code="709" expl="Access to the chunk list failed" msg="Chunk error"

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks so much,
Greg

Saeed Afshari

Saeed Afshari

I had the same problem and solved it by sending the chunk_id parameter in the URL when POSTing the video.

Cheers,
Saeed

Animesh bhargava

Animesh bhargava

I am having same issue even after doing all what have been asked . I even tried with adding chunk_id to url,still no help. Can anyone from staff tell what am i doing wrong?

Nitish Kumar

Nitish Kumar

I am having the same problem in my application. I am using asp.net website for uploading video. Please provide correct procedure.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.