Filmmore

Filmmore Plus

Is there any way to get the upload progress back so I can show it in some kind of progress bar! Searched the forum but couldn't find an answer!

lakilevi

lakilevi

I would be also interested in the answer! Thanks

lakilevi

lakilevi

I have read some 3 year old posts where is specified that it is not possible to get some info about the video upload process state.
Is this still so?
It is possible to get a procent of the upload, or some info, to show for the users a javascript generated progress bar?
I would upload directly to the vimeo server, avoiding my webserver for disk space reasons. And I would display also a dynamic progress bar during the upload.
Can I make this with the vimeo api? If yes, I strat to study it right now.
Thank you very much!

josh

josh

You could try YUI uploader to upload the video from client slide。
developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/uploader/uploader-advanced-queue.html

1. videos.upload.getTicket : Ajax to your server and get a ticket.
2. upload the video using the ticket.endpoint from client
3. videos.upload.complete : Ajax to server using your ticket_id and file name you got in step1.

David Wilson

David Wilson

Josh,

I've tried something similar using the Plupload Ajax uploader, but get "Origin localhost:8000 is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Origin"errors. It appears that doing cross-site AJAX requests is tricky due to security issues. Have you been able to get this approach to work?

josh

josh

hi David,
I develop in localhost:3000 never saw this error message. I have used SWFUpload and YUI Uploader and all work fine.
But SWFUpload didn't support parellel upload, YUI uploader is the best I surveyed. You could see the flickr uploader is implement using YUI uploader.

Only one thing, the file post name is "file_data" not "Filedata" like below,
uploader.upload(file_id, ticket.endpoint, "POST", {'ticket_id':xxxxxxxx, 'chunk_id':0}, "file_data");

Adnan Sagar

Adnan Sagar

Hi there,

This is an old thread but I had the same issue and developed a github project for it.

Provide your Access Token and the code will upload the video directly from the client-side (Javascript) to your Vimeo account with progress updates.

Link: github.com/websemantics/vimeo-upload

Clicwin

Clicwin PRO

thank you ,but i had a question is their a way to secure the access if we choose to make it a static variable since its on the client side its a little risky to show it

Adnan Sagar

Adnan Sagar

Correct, .. I'm working on a solution atm but haven't finished yet, ... essentially, it involves a backend code that holds the access token and provides the front-end with a ticket that is used to upload avoiding the need for having the access token exposed in your javascript code, ..

Jenn Day

Jenn Day Plus

Hmmm seems to be a long standing omission from Vimeo then? I could do with being able to check on the progress of an upload that has been running overnight - not sure if the upload has stalled etc..... but don't want to cancel and restart because of the time to upload and/or going over my weekly allowance by having to upload a second time - be helpful to know just so that I can check the upload is actually still progressing - page I get just says 'uploading' but after more than 12 hours would like to know if it is anywhere close to finishing or not really progressing at all???? Feels like the olden days where I had to download the file onto a memory stick and send it in the post to be viewed - can Vimeo help??

Suraj Chandran

Suraj Chandran

Same here. I have no idea how much longer it needs to upload/convert. Any solution? PS: my ISP provides me with 2Mbps upload speed, so it has nothing to do with the internet speed.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.