perry

perry

Hi,

I'm trying to change the video controller colors in the moogaloop player to red (0xff0000), but only the volume bars change to red. All the other elements change from blue to purple.

Does anyone knows what the problem may be?

Thanks,
BP

Jovica Aleksic

Jovica Aleksic

Are you embedding in Flash with Universal Embed (iFrame)?
ALso, have you checked out the new playground player.vimeo.com/playground ? There is a working example of how to do it with the iframe.

boots

boots

(Jovica, he's referring to the Flash AS3 embed here).

Perry,
Did you find a solution? I'm having the same problem.

Ryan Hefner

Ryan Hefner Staff

Hey boots,

Could you please send me the URL where you are experiencing this issue?

Thanks, Ryan

boots

boots

Still in testing, so no live URL yet, but here is a screenshot:

amdesign.com/client/boots/vimeo_screenshot.jpg

I'm using the VimeoPlayer class just as it is on your site. In this example, I used the following function call in my doc class:

player.setColor("FF0000");

(NOTE: I fixed the VimeoPlayer class' function name to represent the documentation)

The volume adjuster appears correct, but the progress bar and play button are purple.

Pablo Cabana

Pablo Cabana

Same issue with me. When I change the color, other colors come in to play.
I thing the API should expose more color options like playBarColor, volumeColor, vimeoLinkColor, etc.

The method accept only 1 argument, so I assume there is a pallet color linked to each color. If so, the API documentation should explain wich logic it folows.

Brad Dougherty

Brad Dougherty Staff

You can only set one color on the player. All components use the same color.

Lucas Formariz

Lucas Formariz

Please, help me.
I can't set color in controls of my video player.

See my Action:
player = new VimeoPlayer("XXXXXX", 2, 540, 328, "10", 2);
player.setColor("FF0000");
holder.addChild(player);

Error:
1061: Call to a possibly undefined method setColor through a reference with static type com.vimeo.api:VimeoPlayer.

Ryan Hefner

Ryan Hefner Staff

Hey Lucas,

Sorry about that, you can do either of the two:

player.color = 'FF0000';

or

player.changeColor('FF0000'); - Like Boots has pointed out below.

I'll be adding the setColor() method to the API, so that it is inline with the documentation.

Please let us know if there are any other questions that come up while you are working with the players/API.

Thanks, Ryan

boots

boots

Lucas, the documentation is actually wrong. The actual name of the function you need is 'changeColor'. You can see it here (line 252): github.com/vimeo/player-api/blob/master/actionscript/src/com/vimeo/api/VimeoPlayer.as

So, your code should be:

player.changeColor("FF0000");

Unfortunately, as you can read above, that's not going to work either, because the function sets the color incorrectly. I've been waiting for a response here for 3 months and nothing yet. Good luck.

Ryan Hefner

Ryan Hefner Staff

Hey Boots,

Two things. Thanks for responding above. I am going to be rolling out an update soon to the player that will bring it inline with the documentation.

Regarding your remark about it not setting it to the right color, I'll look into that and see what's going on. Sorry for the delay in getting back with you. Hopefully we'll have a fix for this soon.

Thanks, Ryan

boots

boots

Thanks for the response, Ryan! I look forward to the new (hopefully more feature-rich) Moogaloop.

Ryan Hefner

Ryan Hefner Staff

Hey boots,

I have been testing the color stuff and everything seems to be updating fine for me. What version of the player/API are you using in your project?

Also, do you have a link to it so we can check it out?

Thanks, Ryan

soni riot

soni riot

Experiencing the same problem like boots. Only the volume bar changing to the desired color. The other items changing color to some kind of "darker" color than the one defined in the changeColor() statement. Maybe some alpha/colorinvert going on there... Definetly some kind of weird bug.

Ryan Hefner

Ryan Hefner Staff

Hey soni riot,

Could you please send me a link where this is happening? I have been testing it out and it seems to be working fine for me.

Thanks, Ryan

Ryan Hefner

Ryan Hefner Staff

Hey soni riot,

The issue should be resolve now. Please let us know if you run into any further issues with this, or anything else in regards to the API or players.

Thanks, Ryan

Bruno

Bruno

yes, same problem here
color function is not responding well

Ryan Hefner

Ryan Hefner Staff

Hey Bruno,

Could you please send me a link where this is happening? I have been testing it out and it seems to be working fine for me.

Thanks, Ryan

Bruno

Bruno

ReferenceError: Error #1069: Property setColor not found on com.vimeo.api.VimeoPlayer and there is no default value.

Bruno

Bruno

ReferenceError: Error #1056: Cannot create property color on com.vimeo.api.VimeoPlayer.

Ryan Hefner

Ryan Hefner Staff

Hey Bruno,

In the VimeoPlayer class, not all API methods are exposed. Mostly, to not bloat that file with unused methods for all users. Only the basic events, and a few methods are exposed. You can add your own method to that class, and expose that method to then be executed on the 'moogaloop' Object in that class.

Sorry for any confusion regarding this.

Thanks, Ryan

Bruno

Bruno

could you please give some example how to do it
for example how to make the player black and white?

Bruno

Bruno

and when i use player.changeColor only volume bar responds to it
the rest stays in the standard color
also once it happened something very strange, volume was red and progress bar, play button and vimeo icon was purple...
and i only applied this:
player.changeColor("FF0000");

Bruno

Bruno

could you please give some example how to do it
for example how to make the player black and white?

Ryan Hefner

Ryan Hefner Staff

Hey Bruno,

Sure, not exactly sure how your project is structured, nor whether or not you added a changeColor method to the VimeoPlayer class, but if you did, it would be:

player.changeColor('FFFFFF');

Please let us know if you run into any issues with this.

Thanks, Ryan

Bruno

Bruno

in VimeoPlayer class, changeColor metod is already there
::::

public function changeColor(hex:String) : void
{
moogaloop.color = uint('0x' + hex);
}

but when i use this method i encounter a same problem which was already discussed under this topic
and that is:

soni riot 5 days ago
Experiencing the same problem like boots. Only the volume bar changing to the desired color. The other items changing color to some kind of "darker" color than the one defined in the changeColor() statement. Maybe some alpha/colorinvert going on there... Definetly some kind of weird bug.
--------------------------------
volume was red and progress bar, play button and vimeo icon was purple...
-----------------------------------

so player.changeColor('FFFFFF');
is not working

how can i fix this?

Ryan Hefner

Ryan Hefner Staff

Hey Bruno,

Just pushed out a player update that should address this. There was some code in there that was not being set properly when change the 'color' property via the API. It should be addressed now, and setting the String and uint properly now.

Please let us know if that's not the case.

Thanks, Ryan

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.