wesley

wesley

I have a link on my page to open a vimeo video in a lightbox. This video is set to auto play when that lightbox opens.

This results in a flicker due to the thumbnail being shown for a split second first (the vimeo preview image), before the vimeo loading indicator (with black background is shown). My iframe itself is set to black as well, so the flicker does not come from that.

Is it possible with an option not to load the preview thumbnail and go directly to the loading of the video? When autoplaying, this will otherwise always result in a flicker.

If necessary, I can set up a demo. Just let me know.

Thank you,
Wesley

Ryan Hefner

Ryan Hefner Staff

Hey Wesley,

Could you send the link so we can check it out? Also, are you viewing this in Safari, and if so, do you have the HTML or Flash toggled as your default?

Thanks, Ryan

Kandidat

Kandidat PRO

Hi there,

same issue here, we have a light box, and we get a flickr from the thumbnail being displayed a split second.

I can't seem to find a fix on the forum. Any tip?

Jonathan

Link: cpanel28.proisp.no/~kandiwrl/

Kandidat

Kandidat PRO

By the way, I saw the tip of uploading a blank pictures. But that makes my Vimeo profile or the use of the Vimeo community impossible... No way to turn it off? Or in the embed code point to a blank custom thumbnail?

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.