gordonhatusupy

gordonhatusupy

Hi there,

I was wondering is it possible to get my private videos and load them into my own site. The videos will be shown in a protected area where users have to login to see the videos. I would like too load the videos as a list and let people comment on them.

regards,

Gordon

Ted Roden

Ted Roden Alum

You can list your private videos via the API, assuming you're making authenticated calls.

You can only embed password protected videos though. You can't embed private, contacts only, etc. You can show the name/thumbnail on those and link to the vimeo page for those videos.

Andrew Kumar

Andrew Kumar

if you embed a password protected video, would you still need to enter a password or could that be nullified...

example: password protected on Vimeo but not password protected on my site (in a secure area with authentication)

make any sense?

Ted Roden

Ted Roden Alum

You'll still need the password to view the video. If it's password protected on our site, we'll require a password wherever it's displayed.

Photo Booth Works

Photo Booth Works

Yeah sounds like a good feature!
And it would be great if these comments appear on your vimeo profile as well. So you got all the comments from your own site and you profile over here together

Ted Roden

Ted Roden Alum

You can get comments via the api using "vimeo.videos.comments.getList"

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.