starschool

starschool PRO

Hi Guys

I haven't really done much with OAuth and i just couldn't figure the following out by now:

Is it possible to simply get video info for a Pro-Account Video through the Advanced API without requesting a User? (just login with our account internally/directly).

The Goal is to just fetch Video Length & Thumbnails automatically for newly added Videos.

Or is it possible to enable the Simple API for some Videos?

Please point me in the right direction.

Brad Dougherty

Brad Dougherty Staff

Hi starschool,

If the video is private, you'll have to use the Advanced API with OAuth. What you can do though is go through the authorization procedure with your PRO account, and then store and use the Access Token that you receive to make calls.

The only reason you would need to have users authorize is if you wanted to access their videos.

Hope that helps!

starschool

starschool PRO

Alright, yes that helps!

I started to think there is no way to simply login as a specific user with OAuth, as most of the examples i found have used other Users Accounts with a seperate Login.

I'll try it out, thanks a lot!

starschool

starschool PRO

I found another solution, oEmbed actually provides all the Data we need (Thumbnail URL/Length) even if its private, since we enabled embedding for our site.

This is the simple solution i was looking for!

Just letting you know, thanks again.

Clear Idea

Clear Idea

Hi Brad, could you explain more about how to store the access token?
I can get the request token but I'm a little unclear about the process of getting the access token back.
Once I do get it, is it guaranteed not to change?

Mousumi Bhattachrya

Mousumi Bhattachrya

I removed access token from setting page. but I didn't get token expired error .
$vimeo->call('vimeo.oauth.checkAccessToken') shows following output.
stdClass Object
(
[generated_in] => 0.0345
[stat] => ok
[oauth] => stdClass Object
(
[token] => f62e14e95facef35e1bd72ae3f4051a3
[permission] => write
[user] => stdClass Object
(
[display_name] => Mousumi Bhattachrya
[id] => 5357250
[username] => mousumib
)
)
)

Brad, Can you please explain why ?

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.