giuseppe.aiello

giuseppe.aiello

Hi!
I'm trying to upload a video through the Advanced API.
When I use the vimeo.videos.checkUploadStatus I get the xml response with the video_id, is_transcoding, is_uploading and all the other attriubutes so I assume that everything's gone ok. But on the link (example vimeo.com/1522147) the message is always :

Uploading
This video is still being uploaded

Anyone knows what happens? The video is really being uploaded?

Brad Dougherty

Brad Dougherty Staff

Uploads are currently disabled.

I'll see if I can modify vimeo.videos.getUploadTicket so that it will return an error instead of a ticket if uploads are disabled.

Chris Joseph

Chris Joseph

"uploads are currently disabled"
posted three hours ago...

Is there an ETA for being back up aside from "come back in a few hours"?

I switched over to Vimeo from YouTube, and I realize this is a free service, but can't you just roll back to an API version that worked instead of making everyone wait?

Catholic Westminster

Catholic Westminster Plus

Yeah I'm having this issue as well, I think it might be because the file path isn't correct, but the documentation doesn't explain very well the specifics of the Upload API.

Brad Dougherty

Brad Dougherty Staff

The php library has a function built-in to upload a video. I'll try to make the documentation clearer.

Tore Holmberg

Tore Holmberg

Are uploads still disabled? I have the same issue as the first post here. Thanks!

Javier Arce

Javier Arce

I'm having problems uploading videos... when I send the file I get the code of the perl script (!):

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

# this is fro uploading via the API.
# it's a bit simpler than normal.

# no warnings;
#use strict;
use CGI;
use Fcntl qw(:DEFAULT :flock);
use FileHandle;
use Digest::MD5 'md5';

Am I doing something wrong or are uploads disabled?

Thanks,
Javier

august black

august black

was that the issue? I am now having the exact same problem. I upload a video...but when I call checkUploadStatus on that ticket_id....it says it is still uploading, and never stops saying it is uploading.

any ideas here? It's the same problem as the first post here. I am using the phpVimeo class provided in the example.zip.

august black

august black

ok, I just now tried the same code I had written before and it now works. I assume something changed on the vimeo server side? Could someone please verify that upload now works as specified? Many many thanks!

gagou

gagou

I also have a is-uploading=1 problem, my vidéos don't upload.Is upload API still broken?

andiger

andiger

hi
me too... :-(
not able to use upload api, is_uploading=1 and nothing else...

andiger

andiger

the error was the hader for Content-Type in the file part, default was for me "application/octet-stream", but it should be s.th. like "video/mpg"

andiger

andiger

HI folks
i found out one thing about uploading:
if the HTTP POST request uses chanked tranfer encoding:
Transfer-Encoding: chunked

than the upload does not work, why not?

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.