marissa niederhauser

marissa niederhauser Plus

I am exporting from FCP using the settings mentioned in your video tutorial. My original file is Quicktime 720x480 (853x480) 29.96 Clip and sequence settings match in FCP before quicktime conversion. I need a 15 min section.

Mark

Mark Staff

Can you describe what the problem is?

marissa niederhauser

Hi. Thanks for your reply. The export vetsion comes out interlaced- the moving image splits into Venetian blind-like bars.

Mark

Mark Staff

Okay, i'm moving this to the cameras + editing forum so somebody can help you out there. Sounds like you just need to de-interlace your video.

marissa niederhauser

Thank you. BTW sorry, I was clearly half asleep and panicked when I wrote my incomplete first question. I'll try to be more clear from here on out...

marissa niederhauser

Other info
I am using FCP v 5.1.4
I am not importing from a camera. I have a Quicktime 720x480 (853x480) 29.96 that I received from my videographer.
Sequence (and clip settings to match) in FCP are
720x480
DvDVCPRONTSC
NTS-CCIR 601
In addition to exporting as per your guidelines ( H264 restrict to 5000kbs, Best quality multipass, 1280x720) I have attempted to click on "preserve aspect ratio using letterbox when needed" and "de-interlace video" to no advantage.

I realize this isn't necessarily a vimeo problem and I probably just need to know more about video compression, but any tips are really appreciated. Thank you!

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.