Andrea K. Waters

Andrea K. Waters

The help videos for all the different editing software available is really helpful, but my program Sony Vegas 12 is not on there. It seems really similar to Sony Vegas 11, but when I try to follow along, I'm not getting exactly the same options. I followed as much as I could, rendered (and since I rendered it this way, I was not able to preview it first), and uploaded to Vimeo. As I suspected might happen, the video looks great, but there is no audio. When I chose the template the video told me to, and clicked customize, under the audio tab, the place to box to toggle "Include Audio" is ghosted out, so I can't begin to adjust the settings. What to do!?

Mark

Mark Staff

I'm moving this thread to the cameras + editing forum so maybe someone with knowledge about the program can help you out

Dave Baker

Dave Baker

Not sure what this means "When I chose the template the video told me to"! Unless there are some radical changes in Vegas 12, it's up to you to decide what rendering template to use. It sounds as if you are using MPEG 2, in which case the audio must be rendered separately, it's the one to use for DVD Architect.
Try Sony AVC and customise it to suit Vimeo, render to a folder on your computer and preview it from there before uploading.
Also, try reading the Vegas manual sonycreativesoftware.com/download/manuals/vegaspro

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.