BabbittdaWabbitt

BabbittdaWabbitt Plus

So I get these two messages when I'm uploading- " Looks like this vid is interlaced which could result in distortion", and "The vid res is 1080p. We convert to 720p for better playback".
So I thinks to myself "change settings in camera to facilitate the upload". Now looking in my book and referring to (Vimeo) compression guidelines, I'm a little confused about the best action to take. It seems my camera's minimum recording res is 1440x1080 -no matter which of the five record modes I choose. The frame rate options are 60i- interlaced, PF30 (progressive- recorded as 60i)- [which my camera is currently set to], PF24(progressive-recorded as 60i), and 24P (true 24P). Now in another section of the book, there are instruction on how to convert video files to standard def and selecting bit rate -while still in the camera. So I have no clear idea what to do.

Dave Baker

Dave Baker

Shoot at whatever takes your fancy and when you render from your NLE, do a second 720p render for Vimeo.

BabbittdaWabbitt

BabbittdaWabbitt Plus

Hi Dave, thanks for the advice. I have to admit I'm a lazy youtube vlogger who got sick of youtube.
Generally, I just upload clips from the camera to the web. No editing. I dusted off the camera book to see if I could make it work here. I'd rather be outside shooting than sitting at the deask. :-)
Best,

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.