Ari Mannis Plus

Current Gear List

Canon t4i
50mm 1.8 lense
Ravelli Tripod with Fluid Head
1 Light with stand (Forget What Brand)
NEEWER 160PCS LED
Zoom H4N

So what should I get next for making short films?
Thanks for your feedback,

JEL

JEL

A contract with an actress? :)

Most films work best if they feature a nice-looking woman.
That's the world we live in :)

Jamie Guy

Jamie Guy

When I first started out, I had a T2i, Canon 50mm 1.8, Tripod, H4N and some cheap LED lights. This was great but at the time I couldn't afford to buy loads of lenses.

One of the best bits of kit I purchased was a Camera Slider as it introduced the concept of movement in my shots. For example I could Track into a scene, move closer to a subject or slide from one object to another.

Cost me £100 and in terms of kit has delivered some of the best "Bang for buck" considering the cost and the effect. If you add a tripod head on top of the slider and then attach the slider to a Tripod you can also double up for a cheap Jib/Crane.

JEL

JEL

Cool idea :)

Jamie Guy

Jamie Guy

True about the good looking talent. Make your thumbnail the good looking girl and watch the hits role in. It's true that it is the world in which we live, just hope their is a good film to back it all up.

Johnnie Baker Jr

Johnnie Baker Jr Plus

Get your movie script tight. Find appealing actors.
Block, shot, edit post. Get your results than buy equipment.
The Blackmagic Cinema Camera can clearly be called revolutionary, the resolving power of the 2.5k sensor. it is a mind blower.

Rose Byrne

Rose Byrne

K2Cranes today is geared up to meet the challenges of change, in a constantly changing market,to meet the critical demands of material handling solutions.

Link: k2cranes.com

Shiply

Shiply

Another vote for Blackmagic Cinema Camera, a truly innovative product.

joyce hagan

joyce hagan PRO

I'm currently using a Contour camera. Would like to be able to zoom in (can't do it with the Contour)...suggestions on a new compact video

TheCineCity

TheCineCity

Hi Mannis

Presuming you are beholding a decent camera for your short film, then you may positively want awesome stabilized output. Shooting along with camera support system gives your camera optimal support as well as condenses your fatigue too. Here are few recommendations for Canon 5D Mark II to make your film livelier and gives spot on cinematic texture to it.

For Shoulder Support rig :dvcity.com/dvshop/FILMCITY-DSLR-SHOULDER-RIG-FC-10.html
For Handheld Stabilizer: dvcity.com/dvshop/FLYCAM-Flyboy-III-DSLR-Steadycam-FLCM-FB3-W.html
For Handheld Cage: dvcity.com/dvshop/Camtree-Hunt-Swift-Cage-for-Blackmagic-Cinema-Camera-Production-Camera-4K.html

Good Wishes for your Film"

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.