Ultimate

Ultimate

Ya, my setup of an old usb camera and no working mic is getting old, it makes me sad to send poorly made videos out into Vimeo..:(

But, now I have a job and want a good camera for pictures and for videos, I tried and am already confused, so my question is:

I your opinions, what is the best Digital Camera for around $200?

Thanks so much
Ultimate

So Jane

So Jane

Hi Ultimate, check out the Canon A640 and A630. Decent movie modes, good picture quality and cheap! See this link dpreview.com/reviews/default.asp?view=rating . This page just lists cameras by their ratings, you'll have to poke around the site for specifics. Good luck and keep us posted.

BILLYTALENT

BILLYTALENT

Well, I see you know about Dpreview.com as well!

Ultimate

Ultimate

cool, thanks it looks like it will probably be a Canon Powershot, unless someone has a string grievance with that series :)

nshack

nshack

I second the Powershot series. i recently started using it's movie mode more than my traditional dv camcorder. The quality is good, and you can't beat how portable and versatile it is.

BILLYTALENT

BILLYTALENT

dpreview.com/

^ greatest camera shopping website ever!

I myself fell in love with the Cannon powershot A620,
my sister just got the A650 and as it turns out, its the same thing, just black, a slightly bigger LCD screen, and a bunch less features.

Ultimate

Ultimate

so now after all this time i finally got the powershot A630 yay

freestone wilson

freestone wilson

I have the canon a610. A "cult item" probably, as some feel that this one has a sharper image than the next series of 620..630..640s.

Jon Swerens

Jon Swerens

OK, now you guys have me looking at the PowerShot A630, too. Thanks for the recommendations!

Ultimate

Ultimate

so far I like it, its kinda big, but its pretty sweet

haha big butt

Jon Swerens

Jon Swerens

Can anyone here post link to videos they've shot on the PS A630, or other Canon cameras? That would be helpful!

Erick C.

Erick C. Plus

hmm, what's the fps on the A640 and how much do they run for?

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.