sam king

sam king

is there a site where professional camera people sell there old/new equipment?

sam king

sam king

a secondhand dslr or camcorder

Perrone Ford

Perrone Ford

second hand DSLRs are for sale constantly on Ebay, DVXUser, DVInfo, etc. Might also check Cinema5D. But you won't find these on "professional" for-sale sites because frankly they aren't professional video cameras.

As for professional camcorders, you're going to have to be a HECK of a lot more specific in what you are looking for. There are at least 3 dozen different formats for professional camcorders ranging from $2k to more than $100k dollars. And for many of them, you'll need a corrosponding professional deck to read the tapes.

Might be better if you told us what you're trying to DO then you could get some solid advice.

Oliver Sholder

Oliver Sholder

buy a canon T2i. its cheaper than most used cameras and it's video is amazing!@ i love mine

Perrone Ford

Perrone Ford

That's a possibility. But the Canon's have some MAJOR drawbacks. Like the 12 minute time limit. Potential overheating issues, lack of audio, no timecode, RGB recording instead of Rec709, etc. They aren't the right choice for many things, and most CERTAINLY aren't a good replacement for what common video cameras do well.

I have nothing against them personally (in fact I just ordered one), but one needs to make an informed decision about them.

Oliver Sholder

Oliver Sholder

for what I do, 12 minutes is enough, also I have shot probably 100 plus hours of footage and never had overheating problems. I would say the biggest draw back is no legit auto focus, however, this can be overcome by having a high numberd aperature like f22

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.